Legendary non-Heritage speakers

wvu80

• Klipsch Employees

to the best of my understanding Roy designed the Forte ll (not sure about the Chorus ll) and the CF series and lots of other great stuff like the K510 and the finest product Klipsch has ever released the K402 and gobs more. Many other fine designers have designed under the Klipsch banner. Perhaps the Chief Bonehead would honor us with a history.

at your service.  you want to know what is "heritage"?

Any and all stories and related history that you would be willing to share would be of enormous interest. I would buy the book should you ever decide to write one. Why not start today with what you are working on and go backwards and show us how the parts all fit together? Thank you. Best regards Moray James.

that is a big elephant to eat!!  you know how long i have been with klipsch?   :)  i will try small bites at a time and as i said some things i cant discuss...i will post some stuff tomorrow.

Edited by Chief bonehead
  • Like 6

to the best of my understanding Roy designed the Forte ll (not sure about the Chorus ll) and the CF series and lots of other great stuff like the K510 and the finest product Klipsch has ever released the K402 and gobs more. Many other fine designers have designed under the Klipsch banner. Perhaps the Chief Bonehead would honor us with a history.

at your service. you want to know what is "heritage"?

Any and all stories and related history that you would be willing to share would be of enormous interest. I would buy the book should you ever decide to write one. Why not start today with what you are working on and go backwards and show us how the parts all fit together? Thank you. Best regards Moray James.

that is a big elephant to eat!! you know how long i have been with klipsch? :) i will try small bites at a time and as i said some things i cant discuss...i will post some stuff tomorrow.

Many small bites can equal a big bite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

at your service.  you want to know what is "heritage"?

that is a big elephant to eat!!  you know how long i have been with klipsch?   :)  i will try small bites at a time and as i said some things i cant discuss...i will post some stuff tomorrow.

Excellent: thank you looking forward to this. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

• Moderators
I would buy the book should you ever decide to write one.

And he's not talking about a book about fishing  :(

You may want to think about this a little, who else could write this book,  :emotion-55: even if it were just a book about short stories. It's not like your getting any younger :o​ and no one would want some of the personal insight and the truth to be lost. 

It couldn't possibly be more boring than the other book.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Klipsch Employees

small bite. from the beginning product by product.  as i have told some close friends of mine, i had never heard of klipsch much less heard from klipsch.  i just a fresh engineer guy out of college, called by klipsch to interview.  i got to spend about 45 minutes with paul and in those 45 minutes, i came out of his office thoroughly convinced that the only way to design speakers was to use horns.  one of the first projects i worked with paul on was the midbass horn and woofer horn of the kp-600.  i know that some people ***** about the way i answer a question with a question (deano?) but that is how paul taught me.  it was quite cool and frustrating working with him.  but i am sure glad he pushed.  paul fingerprints are all over the 600.  the network that crosses over from the mids to highs was basically pauls idea.  at the time i came to work for klipsch, paul was constantly playing with networks.  he was really intrigued by steep slope networks.  m derived.  the manifold to put two 2" diap drivers together was totally designed by him.  i asked him if he would design and of course, he was holding class and i never realized it.  that manifold worked perfectly and provided addition up to the freq i asked.  it was in these details....this projects within projects......macro details today..........and nuances tomorrow....these nuances that paul would later remind ,me that i just needed, to concentrate on the 20%......

• Like 6

It seems like there's quite a few people liking the Palladiums, maybe they're not just a pretty face after all.

There is a forum member that has Palladiums (not sure which model) and Khorns. He gave his opinion in a thread last week what he thought about each speaker. It was interesting.

What, you have 2 or three here that have owned or listened to them? There was about 40 people in Hope that A/B compared the three of them and I haven't heard any of them step to the plate with a different opinion than mine. 40 vs 3, yeah, placebo effect would easily explain a split like that! ;)

Roger

small bite. from the beginning product by product.  as i have told some close friends of mine, i had never heard of klipsch much less heard from klipsch.  i just a fresh engineer guy out of college, called by klipsch to interview.  i got to spend about 45 minutes with paul and in those 45 minutes, i came out of his office thoroughly convinced that the only way to design speakers was to use horns.  one of the first projects i worked with paul on was the midbass horn and woofer horn of the kp-600.  i know that some people ***** about the way i answer a question with a question (deano?) but that is how paul taught me.  it was quite cool and frustrating working with him.  but i am sure glad he pushed.  paul fingerprints are all over the 600.  the network that crosses over from the mids to highs was basically pauls idea.  at the time i came to work for klipsch, paul was constantly playing with networks.  he was really intrigued by steep slope networks.  m derived.  the manifold to put two 2" diap drivers together was totally designed by him.  i asked him if he would design and of course, he was holding class and i never realized it.  that manifold worked perfectly and provided addition up to the freq i asked.  it was in these details....this projects within projects......macro details today..........and nuances tomorrow....these nuances that paul would later remind ,me that i just needed, to concentrate on the 20%......

You are just a plethora of hidden information aren't you Roy? I can't understand why you didn't open up about this when I last saw you at Rodney's and you picked up your boxes? I am more than willing to listen any time you want to talk about Paul, and even more so on your work together on the 600s :)

Rog

Paul had it right, the only way to design speakers is with a horn(s).

Growing up listening to dads Altec Valencia's it was obvious the weak point was the woofer, throw down a bit of power and it distorted or even bottomed out.

I cant even enjoy anything that is not horn loaded as the distortion sounds like crap, maybe some don't hear it but i think they are just fooling themselves.

Yes i do own speakers that are not horns but not really happy with any of them.

Why is there not any new fully horn loaded models ?

All i see in the stores is imported distortion spewers lately.

Yes this is my opinion and dammit I'm proud to voice it.

• Like 1

kp-600 :D

post-12368-0-75520000-1447733423_thumb.j

post-12368-0-83800000-1447733459_thumb.j

KP 600 brochure.pdf

KP-600 manual.pdf

KP-600 performance pdf.pdf

post-12368-0-83320000-1447734047_thumb.j

Edited by mikebse2a3
  • Like 2