Line Magnetic Audio?

Wolfbane

I read the review, a monster of an amp and a portable heater as well. If you can afford it, it is a good winter amp.

Already own one heater in mono-block form which is just about as portable. And yes it is too hot to run unless its well below zero outside. Seems to be another example of how the Chinese are manufacturing to price point now.

Got this driving My KG4's and Vandersteen 2CE Signatures.

Line Magnetic 211IA  

032412CdF_LM-600jpg.jpg

Two and a half years of daily trouble free use use.   Amazing amp punches way above its price.   Still have not had to adjust bias which is so simple on this amp.   Drives the Vandies in 12w Triode with great results, gutsy little thing.  Great drive great bass great detail realy musical. 3 dimensional it is a keeper.

Have had the 219IA on demo, amazing sound but way out my price range.

• Like 3

Got this driving My KG4's and Vandersteen 2CE Signatures.

Line Magnetic 211IA  

032412CdF_LM-600jpg.jpg

Two and a half years of daily trouble free use use.   Amazing amp punches way above its price.   Still have not had to adjust bias which is so simple on this amp.   Drives the Vandies in 12w Triode with great results, gutsy little thing.  Great drive great bass great detail realy musical. 3 dimensional it is a keeper.

Have had the 219IA on demo, amazing sound but way out my price range.

Very nice looking amp!  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, bkwa1959 said:

I am using a Line Magnetic LM-219ia Int amp with upgraded Rike capacitors and upgraded Psvane WE-300b,WE-845 ,telefunken 12ax7 and original WE -310 tubes on my pair Of Klipschorns .

IMG_0782.JPG

Your room looks like the size of mine. Nice collection of gear!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 6:39 PM, bkwa1959 said:

I am using a Line Magnetic LM-219ia Int amp with upgraded Rike capacitors and upgraded Psvane WE-300b,WE-845 ,telefunken 12ax7 and original WE -310 tubes on my pair Of Klipschorns .

IMG_0782.JPG

What system rack is that??

On 10/13/2017 at 6:39 PM, bkwa1959 said:

IMG_0782.JPG

Expense not spare on this setup.  The 845 are some big azz tube and going for the controlled bass.  Nice system with a tipped hat!  Also, the Telefunken preamp tubes are very nice.  I need to put mines back into the system but, they are rotated between some other nice preamp tubes, lol.  No tube last more than 30 days on average.:P

The builder of these is about two miles from my house. These weight 165 lbs. each. Each holds 8 Western Electric 300B tubes. They are rated to about 80watts in class A. He certainly sells them, and I think they run about $150k a pair. They look small because of the large meters on the front, but they are about 17 inches wide.

Bruce

97-a-monoblock-set.png

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

The builder of these is about two miles from my house. These weight 165 lbs. each. Each holds 8 Western Electric 300B tubes. They are rated to about 80watts in class A. He certainly sells them, and I think they run about $150k a pair. They look small because of the large meters on the front, but they are about 17 inches wide.

Bruce

97-a-monoblock-set.png

Like so many “high end” products available for this hobby I just cannot get over the price. Don’t get me wrong they look really cool and 8 300b tubes for each begins to add up, but $150k a pair? With so many modern affordable options for me, again for me, I’m not sure the nostalgia for the brand is enough to justify that. That said, I wish the new owner of western electric the best of luck. It is cool to see once extinct giants rise from the dead. I just wish there were some products in the price range of us mere mortals. 

• Like 1

They have a prototype in the offices, sporting two 300B tubes (stereo amp), with a SS power supply, on a large pcb (not point to point wiring). No case for it yet, just up on some standoffs. The service tech said the price isn't settled yet but may be around $3k. He said I might be able to pre-order one for $1500. That would be a great price, but I'm not in the market. It sounds good. I listened to some Natalie Cole through their WE CD player. The amp was powering some Gauder speakers. Also too pricey for me, I'll stick with my LaScalas.

Bruce

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

They have a prototype in the offices, sporting two 300B tubes (stereo amp), with a SS power supply, on a large pcb (not point to point wiring). No case for it yet, just up on some standoffs. The service tech said the price isn't settled yet but may be around $3k. He said I might be able to pre-order one for $1500. 

That is a much more realistic price range, especially for the 300b. Like I said I really hope they can make successful venture out of this.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been here in a bit. I also own a LM219ia.  Love the amp with my cornwalls.  I have telefunken smooth plate 12AX7's like the other user in this thread, as well as KR audio 300B's.  I swapped in a NOS pair of Wester Electric 310A's for a few months to find that the stock shuguang build 310A's work just as well, and that there is no justifiable difference in tonal quality so I put the stocks back in and resold those 310A's for twice what I paid.  I have the LM502ca DAC paired with it with NOS tubes and love the combo. An amazing DAC by all means. Vinyl setup was not together in this photo as I didn't have am my 'audio stand' table thing up yet lol.

IMG_1221.JPG

• Like 4