Line Magnetic Audio?

Wolfbane

• 3 weeks later...

PM sent

On 10/22/2017 at 9:24 AM, Marvel said:

They have a prototype in the offices, sporting two 300B tubes (stereo amp), with a SS power supply, on a large pcb (not point to point wiring). No case for it yet, just up on some standoffs. The service tech said the price isn't settled yet but may be around $3k. He said I might be able to pre-order one for $1500. That would be a great price, but I'm not in the market. It sounds good. I listened to some Natalie Cole through their WE CD player. The amp was powering some Gauder speakers. Also too pricey for me, I'll stick with my LaScalas.

Bruce

• 2 years later...
On 10/14/2017 at 1:39 AM, bkwa1959 said:

I am using a Line Magnetic LM-219ia Int amp with upgraded Rike capacitors and upgraded Psvane WE-300b,WE-845 ,telefunken 12ax7 and original WE -310 tubes on my pair Of Klipschorns .

IMG_0782.JPG

Wonderful equipment, I love Micro Seiki TT, is it the DDX 1000 or the DQX 1000? Which tonearm do you use? Which cardriges do you use? I think you also have a separate phono tube preamplifier. I am thrilled

smilie-gross_334.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 6:44 AM, Marvel said:

The builder of these is about two miles from my house. These weight 165 lbs. each. Each holds 8 Western Electric 300B tubes. They are rated to about 80watts in class A. He certainly sells them, and I think they run about $150k a pair. They look small because of the large meters on the front, but they are about 17 inches wide.

Bruce

97-a-monoblock-set.png

Don't think they built them but they may claim to have built them. Last I knew these were manufactured by Canary Audio for someone who bought the Western Electric name. These amps have Canary Audio written all over them..

• 1 year later...