Writeup: Quintet VS ProMedia

mspeed76

ok I finally got 4 Quintet sattelites from uBid for $39/ea. I hooked them up to my V.2-400 and CP-1 pre-amp..

To compare them I hooked up only the front Quintets and left the rears in place. At first I was disappointed. The ProMedia sats were noticeably louder. (this is probably due to the quinets being rated at twice the ohm of the promedias) So I adjusted the surround volume to match the Quintets. By doing this I noticed the increased detail in the mids and highs from the quintets that were simply missing from the Promedias. I could hear nuances in voices and instruments and the the highs were smoother and sweeter. in comparison the increased volume from the promedias seemed to be in the form of extra harshness

Later I switched all 4 speakers to the quinetets.. it sounded great! the quintets sound is overall smoother and they play lower to integrat with the sub more. midrange is good, with voices fuller and more realistic.. their mid-bass is also impressive.. i actully turned down my sub setting to almost minimum. heres a tip: the included wall mounts/stands dont allow much swiveling, but if you turn them upside-down, they can swivel alot! in conclusion i am very happy with the swap!