Wondering

Kelly McAloney

I have heard of people successfully matching different subs in a single setup.  But for this set of subs in this setup, I don't know.  I also don't know what technique was used to blend them, if they were set differently or the same.  It seems to me the smaller sub is placed closer to the main LP to give a more visceral experience, ie chest thump especially with music.

Kelly, do you have any interest in some trial and error trying to blend your subs, or do you want to get down the bottom line and get on with your listening?

Either way is fine, it's all good.

Edited by wvu80

I have heard of people successfully matching different subs in a single setup. But for this set of subs in this setup, I don't know. I also don't know what technique was used to blend them, if they were set differently or the same. It seems to me the smaller sub is placed closer to the main LP to give a more visceral experience, ie chest thump especially with music.

Kelly, do you have any interest in some trial and error trying to blend your subs, or do you want to get down the bottom line and get on with your listening?

Either way is fine, it's all good.

yeah I'll give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet once you hear your new sub you realize how not very good the sw-112 is and put it up for sale.[/quote

Your probably right scrappy, the funny thing is I don't find it that bad, now that I am going to have anew receiver my old one can go down stairs with my old Polk speakers and instead of using the 8 inch Polk sub I'll throw that one down there, kids will love it!

About the only way this MIGHT work is to use it nearfield.

im not really worried that it won't I just figured since the receiver is 7.2 it may, remember I'm pretty new at this, but if it seems a bridge to far than screw it, I'm sure the 18 will do, my room has had its dimensions change since last time we figured it out( new size (24'x14')so it's a bit smaller now