Is There A Reason For This?

The History Kid

I have a Sony SCD 333 ES changer that I had modified and used it for years. It was only with the addition of a music server set up that it lost its place in my set up. It worked wonderfully and sounded fantastic. So put me in the camp with the others who have said that "it depends on the player"

Josh

With the trends in audio, there is little need for a multi disc player.  Digital is is the wave of the future.  I have BDP in four rooms and have not played a cd in any of them in over 5 years.  I have them for their streaming function.  This suits my laziness of of not having to get up to change cd's.  It also suits my multimedia obsession.

In this vein - is there a consensus yet on premier sites to download the best audio files, the best equipment to store these on, the best cable elevators ;-p etc?  Not to hijack the thread completely, but what are people finding as the best option regarding this?

I do not have a pov on cable elevators and quite honestly the fact that you asked that question is a tad disturbing. I do not have a favorite site for hd music as I haven't been able to discern a difference between the various options.

I am using a custom built server, the Silenzio , that I am extremely happy with. The server uses the ripping program Exact Audio Copy (EAC) and that software has been a revelation. I no longer believe that bits are bits. The Rips using EAC are vastly superior to the rips on my old apple set up. I am shocked at the difference. Only issue is that a rip takes about a half an hour - but the results are staggering

FWIW

J

• Like 1

I use Amazon and HD Tracks for music downloads.  The Amazon music is not HD quality but, very, very good and does not eat up a hard drive.  I have a 3 TB Western Digital My Book for storage.  Amazon also keep all the music in the cloud which is a nice safety feature in case a computer disaster.

Some people live owning cd's but, I find the digital format to be just as good.

Edited by derrickdj1

I have owned about ten different Technics players in both single disc and multi disc. The worst one was the six pack 400S. The carousels were built pretty good and performed well but I still feel a single player has less room for error as it has many fewer moving parts. I own all three of the Emotiva players now ERC-1, 2 and 3. I honestly think they are engineeered to a very high standard. The build quality is superior to most makers of recent release and the prices are really affordable. My two cents.