For Sale: Pair of RB-75 bookshelf speakers (cherry)

Lpusedyou

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say I have had no bites whatsoever. I was surprised honestly since I know when I got these they were a hot commodity. However, I've been doing all this a while now like you guys so I realize that timing is everything. No worries though, if they don't sell I can always use them in my office and post them again at another time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Im a Klipsch newb and not trying to troll, but are the 75s that much better than RB-5s at nearly three times the price? Or is it just what the market bears on them now?

I have owned two pairs of RB-5's and my current RB-75's.  IMO, the 75's are clearly better from top to bottom.  With that said, value is relative to purchaser.  I(my opinion) think they are "worth" every penny of what the going average price is today, which is $600.00 to $700.00.  I think just for that fact that the 75's have 1.75" compression drivers similar to the RF-7's is a reason to be twice the value of the 5's.  Then add a larger wood veneered cabinet, Reference III magnetic grill(much more durable than the 5's broken peg prone grill), and front ported.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

Im a Klipsch newb and not trying to troll, but are the 75s that much better than RB-5s at nearly three times the price? Or is it just what the market bears on them now?

I have owned two pairs of RB-5's and my current RB-75's.  IMO, the 75's are clearly better from top to bottom.  With that said, value is relative to purchaser.  I(my opinion) think they are "worth" every penny of what the going average price is today, which is $600.00 to $700.00.  I think just for that fact that the 75's have the RF-7's 1.75" compression driver is a reason to be twice the value of the 5's.  Then add a larger wood veneered cabinet, Reference III magnetic grill(much more durable than the 5's broken peg prone grill), and front ported.

Bill

The RB-75 doesn't use exactly the same compression driver as the RF-7, Looks quit different as well.

"K-50.1-DB 1.75" (4.45cm) Titanium dome compression driver"

• Moderators
I have owned two pairs of RB-5's and my current RB-75's. IMO, the 75's are clearly better from top to bottom.

I have the same opinion as Bill.  I have owned RB-5, RB-75, RB-35, RB-81ii (all 4 are similar in size and specs) and have heard a friend's RB-5's in his setup. To me, I wasn't super impressed with the sound of the RB-5's, RB-35 or RB-81ii.  I was however very impressed with the RB-75's.  The larger tweeter makes the RB-75 sound like a Mini-RF-7.

There are a number of niche speakers from different manufacturers that seem to dig in and hold a good value.

The RB-75 will continue to hold it's value because it is IMO the best bookshelf reference speaker Klipsch has ever produced.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...