Great Deal Crossover Upgrade by ALK

joessportster

So my next speakers will be cornwall or cornscala, I am hoping this will be in the near future, and in Looking at the project I came across this.. It looks like the price is pretty much unbeatable for the upgrade.  Thoughts over stock AA ?

http://www.alkeng.com/

attachicon.gifalk universal.JPG

Here is my opinion.....If you do replace the stock AA's, I will buy them from you, seriously.  Let me know.

Cornwalls are going to come with B networks... probably not AA.  The Cornscala-Wall network is a very good budget network and well worth the money.  I'd rather spend a little more on great caps and stick to the Klipsch design these days... certainly if I'm using stock horns and drivers.  Maybe not if using fancy drivers and horns.

If you get B networks it isn't too big of a deal to upgrade them to a B2 when installing new caps.  

Just my opinion based on what I like and my experience with these.

• Like 1

Thoughts over stock AA ?

Joe, I can't answer this as I went not from AA but stock AB (so why am I posting; off today and foruming). Anyway, I went from AB to ALK universal to ALK Extremes to a set of Altheia (I truly don't know what these are named/numbered/whatever as I told him what I had and he built them). I enjoy the more 'melow??' sound. I would appreciate knowing what the builder calls / classify's them if he stops by or input from you in-the-know guys in light of the recent chats concerning xovers, I would like to know how they fit in the line of AA, Super AA, Super Duper 2x over modulated chocked, attentuated, swamped thingies.

I suppose I could just call and ask but what fun is that?

post-19886-0-74300000-1447277090_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET

So my next speakers will be cornwall or cornscala, I am hoping this will be in the near future, and in Looking at the project I came across this.. It looks like the price is pretty much unbeatable for the upgrade.  Thoughts over stock AA ?

I clicked on the link and it took me to the site. Now, I couldn't find a price so I have no idea if it's a good deal or not

Mark

NM

?

Sorry.  It means never mind.  I should have just deleted it and left it blank, my apologies.  I almost took my moderator hat off, reread my post and deleted what I wrote.

Thank you for the clarification, Never remove the Moderator Hat  :D

Especially if you are planning to take a crap in it before posting.  ;)

Edited by Wolfbane
  • Like 1

I clicked on the link and it took me to the site. Now, I couldn't find a price so I have no idea if it's a good deal or not

Mark

320.00 dollars plus shipping

Cornwalls are going to come with B networks... probably not AA.  The Cornscala-Wall network is a very good budget network and well worth the money.  I'd rather spend a little more on great caps and stick to the Klipsch design these days... certainly if I'm using stock horns and drivers.  Maybe not if using fancy drivers and horns.

If you get B networks it isn't too big of a deal to upgrade them to a B2 when installing new caps.  

Just my opinion based on what I like and my experience with these.

Yep, very true on the B networks and not AA, I hardly even realized you had stated CW's...sorry.  And, agree on upgrading the caps.

Guest David H

I really like the Cornscala-wall crossover. I have used it in Lascala's, Cornwalls and Cornscala projects. I like that ALK has offered several crossover points to choose from and adjustable mid and tweeter levels.

Its a great value, and sounds very good.

Dave

Alk as an upgrade path listed on his site... AA to super AA-X for $95.

Its a Cap replacement and rework to become something very close to a universal?

The LSIs I had came with new AL3 so this wouldn't work. I upgraded my Al3s to ES500s.

After having a pair of ES networks I don't seem to enjoy the lower order stuff... Less my Audio Nirvana 8" which has no crossover  :-).