Is this a 1st?

ZEUS121996

I was just giving Carl and Dave some sh*t

Payback's a B***h.

OK tough guy, bring it! :D:lol::P

Mark

Martinis at 10 paces.  You better bring a good second.

Gin or Vodka?

Mark

Pick your poison. I'll do New Amsterdam or Chopin.

OOOOHHHHH

Keep it up Carl, this will end up as a showdown in Hope.

And as they say, with booze you lose, with dope there's hope

Mark

The really interesting thing going on here is the fact the forum is going right back to Pre-BS forum days, this subject matter is daily "Chat" in the BS forum. The BS forum after 6Mo has 85 topics and 4K posts. The BS forum has slowed down now that the players have vetted whatever scratches them at the time. Quite frankly when i see them daily chatting in the main forum, issues such as this one, i think they are getting tired of no having "FreshMeat" to spar with, so here it is, after 6 Mo we are right back to common internet open forum chat. You can pretty much see the Mod's have been sucked into this "Open Forum Chat" once again also.

I for one enjoy having more opinions being expressed on important topics. I thought some pretty good ones were happening on the regular forum and it didn't seem like anyone's feathers were being ruffled but I understand those are the rules...That said, I took a 4 month hiatus from the BS section but came back to the Klipsch main forum when I saw that a second opinion could be useful. :)

I was really hoping when the BS section was publicly announced that it would create an area where all of this crap could be discussed, but when I saw what the minimum numbers was, and the post counts of who the biggest offenders were, I thought there still might be hope if the Mods acted in accordance with Chad's intended result. Unfortunately that didnt happen and we are right back to where we were, as you say. Chad will have to deal with this again unfortunately, probably sooner rather than later. Hopefully he will reconsider a more relaxed entrance requirement for BS, something high enough to exclude the nuts, but low enough to include the people who are on here who just can't control themselves.

I agree completely. I also understand some people can't handle discussing topics they really don't want to hear what someone else with a different opinion has to say or have an open mind enough to realize there are different sides to important issues....Then again, my beef with the high post count is that folks who post quick nonsense to get their numbers up really aren't the ones you want to have a intellectual discussion with.

• Like 2

The really interesting thing going on here is the fact the forum is going right back to Pre-BS forum days, this subject matter is daily "Chat" in the BS forum. The BS forum after 6Mo has 85 topics and 4K posts. The BS forum has slowed down now that the players have vetted whatever scratches them at the time. Quite frankly when i see them daily chatting in the main forum, issues such as this one, i think they are getting tired of no having "FreshMeat" to spar with, so here it is, after 6 Mo we are right back to common internet open forum chat. You can pretty much see the Mod's have been sucked into this "Open Forum Chat" once again also.

I for one enjoy having more opinions being expressed on important topics. I thought some pretty good ones were happening on the regular forum and it didn't seem like anyone's feathers were being ruffled but I understand those are the rules...That said, I took a 4 month hiatus from the BS section but came back to the Klipsch main forum when I saw that a second opinion could be useful. :)

I was really hoping when the BS section was publicly announced that it would create an area where all of this crap could be discussed, but when I saw what the minimum numbers was, and the post counts of who the biggest offenders were, I thought there still might be hope if the Mods acted in accordance with Chad's intended result. Unfortunately that didnt happen and we are right back to where we were, as you say. Chad will have to deal with this again unfortunately, probably sooner rather than later. Hopefully he will reconsider a more relaxed entrance requirement for BS, something high enough to exclude the nuts, but low enough to include the people who are on here who just can't control themselves.

I agree completely. I also understand some people can't handle discussing topics they really don't want to hear what someone else with a different opinion has to say or have an open mind enough to realize there are different sides to important issues....Then again, my beef with the high post count is that folks who post quick nonsense to get their numbers up really aren't the ones you want to have a intellectual discussion with.
LOL

Pass the ketchup!!!! Lol!!! And another cigar!!!!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Edited by jo56steph74

Payback's a B***h.

OK tough guy, bring it! :D [emoji38] [emoji14]

Mark

Martinis at 10 paces. You better bring a good second.

Gin or Vodka?

Mark

OOOOHHHHH
Oh man martinis at ten paces!!!LOL!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I will leave it to those who use the BS forum.

I just pointed out the Forum is once again "Chasing it's Tail".

Main Forum page appears to look as it did thiis time last year.

There are, as i have noticed, some really great commenters with far less than 5K.

I like the "Back Room" we need it, it just needs to work as designed.

I will leave it to those who use the BS forum. I just pointed out the Forum is once again "Chasing it's Tail". Main Forum page appears to look as it did thiis time last year. There are, as i have noticed, some really great commenters with far less than 5K. I like the "Back Room" we need it, it just needs to work as designed.

I sort of understand Klipsch's dilemma and a perfect example was watching folks race to get to 5,000 to participate only to find they didn't really have the temperament to engage. I don't mean that negatively as much as sometimes it's shocking to folks to defend and debate their thoughts into written words and not be upset with those that have a different opinion.

That said, the technical sections participation pales in comparison to the social ones and truthfully I'm not sure talking about that subway dude didn't step over some lines or was an appropriate topic for a speaker forum....

Fwiw, what went on a year ago was an offshoot of the situation I described in the first paragraph but the guy who instigated it seemed to have an agenda that those of us who thought we knew didn't really understand--On that note, there were a lot of people who seem to get their feelings hurt enough as to give them problems in dealing with others on the main forum and is something I also think the moderators realize they were going to have to deal with and tried to circumvent with the incredibly high post count to get in--to my knowledge there have only been a few who've reached that goal and only a couple of new posters since that new forum was established...Of course the ones that still post are a lot of fun to communicate with. :)

• Moderators

I will leave it to those who use the BS forum.

I just pointed out the Forum is once again "Chasing it's Tail".

Main Forum page appears to look as it did thiis time last year.

There are, as i have noticed, some really great commenters with far less than 5K.

I like the "Back Room" we need it, it just needs to work as designed.

Yep, deja vu all over again.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/157048-locking-threads-due-to-bad-personnel-attacks/page-10

Payback's a B***h.

OK tough guy, bring it! :D:lol::P

Mark

Martinis at 10 paces.  You better bring a good second.

Gin or Vodka?

Mark

OOOOHHHHH

Keep it up Carl, this will end up as a showdown in Hope.

And as they say, with booze you lose, with dope there's hope

Mark

Dope in Hope? I'm soooooo there.