Is Pangea Audio for real?

Krispy Kirk

If you have any experience - good or bad - with Pangea Audio products, let's hear about it.  I found a few threads on here that mention Pangea (mostly their AC power cables) but, if a glance at Audio Advisor's catalog/web site is any indication, Pangea Audio is now making everything from speaker stands to equipment racks, from power cables to interconnects.  Two hallmarks seem to define the brand: a) beefy, over-engineered stuff that looks like it's the "real deal"; and unbelievably low "Budget King" pricing (likely due to off-shore production and low overhead).

I, and I suspect a few of you out there, are intrigued enough to sample some of Pangea's product line.  If you're a Pangea owner (for better or worse), use this thread to either talk us out of it or to give us that little shove we need to pull the trigger on a $50 power cable or a $200 equipment rack.

Edited by Krispy Kirk

If you have any experience - good or bad - with Pangea Audio products, let's hear about it.  I found a few threads on here that mention Pangea (mostly their AC power cables) but, if a glance at Audio Advisor's catalog/web site is any indication, Pangea Audio is now making everything from speaker stands to equipment racks, from power cables to interconnects.  Two hallmarks seem to define the brand: a) beefy, over-engineered stuff that looks like it's the "real deal"; and unbelievably low "Budget King" pricing (likely due to off-shore production and low overhead).

I, and I suspect a few of you out there, are intrigued enough to sample some of Pangea's product line.  If you're a Pangea owner (for better or worse), use this thread to either talk us out of it or to give us that little shove we need to pull the trigger on a $50 power cable or a $200 equipment rack.

Based on the documentation on their design, they should be solid for the price.

If you are looking at the competitors then for 1/5 the price, they are worth a shot.  All cable changes are subjective, good or bad, so why buy anything for retail and some absurd price when 95% of the time you are not sure it is going to make a change that you would think is for the better in your system.  $39 or $59 is more a buy and try budget vs $300 for most of us.

• Like 1

I'd thought about the AC9 power cords more than once. About the only place I'd use them is from the McIntosh amp to the power conditioner, APC H15. But my space is so tight the cords probably wouldn't bend tight enough. They bigger around than the MIT MITerminator2 speaker cables I'm using.

To go along with that I was looking at a Project X12 turntable package from Audio Advisor and saw that it weighs in at about 55lbs. Not sure if my cabinet can take that much more weight. :wacko: