Multimedia HT Ideals

derrickdj1

I sit 12.5 feet from a 112" 16x9 image. It could be bigger. And my screen is 138" at 2.35. It's perfect in my

Room cause it's almost the full width. Have friends that sit closer to bigger screens. But wider rooms. Mine feels bigger cause it's almost the whole room wide. 100" will seem big for a bit then you will get over it and go bigger. It's ok. I remember when you bought your first 18 too lol

I finally ran the first calibration of the new room layout.  The subs are back baby!  I watched a scene from the Transformers Age of Extinction and wow.  With the SI and Mini Marty almost in a nearfield location gives some nice impact.  This is without additional setup using the Omnimic or using the DSP/PEQ of the I Nuke amp.  Tomorrow I will do some wire management.

The room is starting to come together.  Electrical outlets were put in ceiling for projector and screen.  I still need to figure out the best  to handle the wires behind the screen.  Later I will make a valance for the top part of the screen.

The quick take on the BenQ MH 680: 

Pros:

excellent picture quality and color

easy setup and use

relatively quiet

Cons:

Throw distance 1.15 to 1.5

lag time between switching sources

post-50685-0-66140000-1448996526_thumb.j

Edited by derrickdj1

• 2 weeks later...

The pic does not show it well but, the dual SI 18 is in the corner behind the couch and a Marty and two Mini Marty's flank the left end of the couch.  The SI and full Marty are nearfield and the 4 subs couple to form a nice array.  The tactile sensation has never been this extreme.  Even the two chairs further up in the room get about 98% of the same tactile feel.

If I move the couch up I will end up in a null. :)   Bass likes to hang around walls,lol.  I have been grining all afternoon going thur some demo disc.  I already tweak the subs with a LT and HS filter for max extension, now I will do a LS filter for max output and straight PEQ for music.

Edited by derrickdj1

Just a side note, I had the couch forward a couple of feet the other day and the change in the sub trim went from -8 to 0.  The bass is much better with the trim at 0 in the current position.  That small difference in placement is related to room mode/nodes and standing waves.

• 1 month later...

I thought the Ben Q throw distance was not good since it is fairly close to the screen.  Actually this is nice in a basement with low ceilings.  You can walk around the room without getting in the camera's projection.  This is a really neat little camera.  The PQ is outstanding after watch a ton of movies.

The electric screen is also nice for adjust the pic.  It gets rid of the black bar at the bottom of the screen.  It just makes the different picture formats fit the screen better.

Edited by derrickdj1