A visit with Joey B : )

CECAA850

A visit with Joey B.,

As some of you might know, a couple of weekends ago, I delivered my pair of KP-450s to a buyer in Main with my daughter along for the trip to help drive. While I could have freight shipped these speakers for $350, the buyer said he would pay me $1,000 extra to deliver them, so off in the wife's mini van we went. After delivering the speakers to Maine, I wanted to Drop in and visit with Joey B. in Mass., so I gave him a call. Joey has been very helpful to me in the past with providing me with info, and selling me some stuff for my KP-600 stacks and I have him on speed dial and have called him multiple times since acquiring my first set of KP-600 stacks. For those of you who may not know, Joeys claim to fame as far as all things Klipsch is that he was doing Pro Sound with MCM-1900s even prior to Roy coming to Klipsch, so he has been at this for a LOOONG time. :) As far as I am aware, there were originally only 4 major KP-600 setups ever bought; 1) The 32 box system that was flown in the New Orleans Convention Center, original install price of $160,000 that Kevin Harmon, Roy Delgado, and myself bought the remaining 30 boxes as two had been pilfered at some point., 2) the 10 stack, or 30 Box setup of Dave Phipps out of Texas, which is where Kevin Harmon, Bill Hendrix, and myself bought our first sets of KP-600s, Bob McTiery from Florida of Ram Sound fame who had and ran 8 stacks or 24 Boxes and has since sold his stacks, and Joey B. from Mass. who switched from the MCM-1900s to the KP-600s after they came out. Joey has and still uses 8 stacks or 24 boxes and has done sound for venues of 15,000 people with these same 8 stacks. So I contacted Joey with out really any advance notice, and he was kind enough to make time out of his busy schedule to host myself and my daughter at his home. I will add that like most self made successful men that Joey has his arms in several ventures and it was very kind of him to make time on such short notice. I will start with the fact that he and his wife have a very nice home that they have put a lot of thought into their own personal touches. I will not address his home ant further as while he gave my daughter and myself an extensive tour, I don't feel comfortable discussing the layout to an open forum other than to say it is very nice and well thought out, and that my daughter was very impressed with your upstairs lighting fixtures and molding choice Joey :)

I found out on my visit that Joey is also a drummer and I will send you pictures Kevin Harmon after Joey sends them to me. Joey also has a love of American Muscle cars and has a rare 1970 1/2 Falcon with 429 Cobra Jet that was only offered 1/2 year before being rebadged as the Torino, and I would add that the engine is not just a stock 429 Cobra jet and is VERY stout and healthy. I was also fortunate enough to be treated to some photos of some gigs that Joey has done with the KP-600s with pictures of different configurations he has rigged. All in all, I would have enjoyed staying longer and getting to meet Joeys family, but my daughter Kimberly had already missed a day of school as it was a Monday, and had to get home to have a homework assignment in by midnight on the computer! Had a lot of fun visiting with Joey, and he reminds me a lot of a close friend that I recently lost to lung cancer in the past two years. Joey also went out of his way to make my daughter welcomed in his home.

Joey, I look forward to talking to you again soon, and if welcomed I would at some point be willing to make the long trip to spend time with you again at some point in the future :)

Roger

• Like 6

This must be Joey Boom from the drum forums (that I also frequent). I always enjoy his posts.

Sorry buddy, but no... I was hoping to avoid this as I am embarassed that I don't know how to spell Joeys last name as he always posts Joey B. KP 600 Since you called me out publically, I will try to spell it how I think it is pronounce, but I hope Joey will read this and correct me!

I checked and it is Joey Brogna :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Ah got it, Roger. Sorry to out you. If Joey's like me, he's used to his last name being butchered, and it doesn't bother him (mine's Meunier, BTW).

-Ron

Pronounced "Mew-ner"??

(I always like to try a challenging name, even those with 14 letters and no vowels....  :blink:

• Like 1

Ah got it, Roger. Sorry to out you. If Joey's like me, he's used to his last name being butchered, and it doesn't bother him (mine's Meunier, BTW).

-Ron

Pronounced "Mew-ner"??

(I always like to try a challenging name, even those with 14 letters and no vowels....  :blink:

Richard,

You are more nuts than a can full of Planters!

Roger

-Ron

Pronounced "Mew-ner"??

(I always like to try a challenging name, even those with 14 letters and no vowels.... :blink:

You get a gold star just for trying. The closest phonetic would be Min-yay, which is how I pronounce it. When my Quebec friends say it, it sounds just a little bit different. It's a trade name meaning Miller - I do like my bread! Edited by Blvdre