RF7II setup or THX setup for home theater

Kman

Here is a picture of the back of the room/riser. Another possible location for sub which would sit behind rear seating. custom cabinets will be built on the rear wall where back surrounds are for storing blur-rays etc. 

2cxb01t.jpg

Edited by Kman
  • Like 1

I would not recommend the RB-81's for mains. They are OK for lower volumes in a smaller room but when you start to turn them up they really don't sound that great in my opinion. I recently replaced my 81 II's with a pair of RB-75's and the difference was night and day, my jaw is still hanging low in disbelieve. I personally would go with the RF-7 II's first choice or a pair of RB-75's or a set of three RC-7's for L C R, that would be a killer front end line up.

Jesse

yes your right, I was just trying to think of a way to utilize the left-right corners to maximize floor space if possible. 

The rc 7 is an awesome speaker. Best center I've ever heard. I know Scrappy i haven't heard a pro center and don't want to cause i can't afford it

lol sure you can. Just gotta find a good used one. Mine was 500$. There is one for sale in the garage sale section I think still. It's 500 as well too. Lol. Orr you could always build something VERY similar.

The rc 7 is an awesome speaker. Best center I've ever heard. I know Scrappy i haven't heard a pro center and don't want to cause i can't afford it

funny I sold my RF7/RC7 setup earlier this year, you are correct it is a great speaker

I have the THX's. Great for movies. I agree they are average with music. Dry, unemotional very clinical. Not your normal Klipsch sound.

too bad then, even though the room will be mainly movies, music is still an important part for me. I look forward to hearing a lot of multi-channel music in the room once completed.

I vote the 7ii's. Actually, I voted twice. See my sig ;)

I think they will look and fit perfect in your room.

Do it.... You know you wanna...

well your probably right, I know I'll have to do something, thats for sure