RF7II, RF Premier

AaronH

Ok, sorry to bring you guys into this debate but, I suggested to my friend to grab some RF7's from acoustic sound design or sound dist, and he insisted that the premiers were the flagship at a much better price.........(I know, doesn't make any sense based on price which is still the flagship) So, can you guys please get my back on this?! I told him the premier replaced the RF82II and below. Help, someone lol! 

7's are still flagship among all references as far as I'm concerned. They sound better and the veneer is top notch. Next best thing is the rp-280fa's which you may want to consider if atmos is a priority but if sound and looks is the priority, 7's are still king. I'm definitely a fan. 

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I told him the premier replaced the RF82II and below. Help, someone lol!

This was my understanding as well - other, more informed folks should chime in soon.

Yes, that's the case, it's just confusing the way they did it. They introduced reference 1 while getting rid of reference 2, at least most of it, then added "premiere", which makes it sound like a flagship line, except the 7's are still around.

• Like 1

To me, the Premier line replaced the Synergy series.

I usually agree with you but this statement is just false. The Premier line replaced the Reference II series. This coming from a guy that has owned Synergy, Reference, Heritage and the Premiere line, all within the last 5 years. Hell, I have owned about 12 different, higher end, 5.1 or 7.1 home theater systems in those last 5 years and I can tell you, the Premier is one of the best sounding HT setups I have owned, especially when you take into consideration the price vs. performance ratio.

I have never had room for RF-7 II's but I, like many others, still consider them top of the Reference line.

To me, the Premier line replaced the Synergy series. 

Naw, dawg..... The newer "Reference" series replaced the Synergy series, and the "Reference Premiere" series replaces the outgoing "Reference II" line. The RF-7ii has not been replaced yet.

Klipsch made it extremely confusing to compare used models to current ones, but basically just follow the driver materials to see what tier a series sits in.

Example, following the 8" woofer models

Titanium tweeters and Cerametallic woofers:

Reference(1st gen, RF-3)   >  Reference(2nd gen, RF-3ii) > Reference(3rd gen, RF-35) > Reference(4th gen, RF-82) > Reference II(5th gen, RF-82ii) > Reference Premiere(6th gen, RP-280f)

Aluminum tweeters and IMG woofers:

Synergy(1st gen, KSF 10.5)  >  Synergy(2nd gen, SF-3)     >    Synergy(3rd gen, F-3)      >    Synergy(4th gen, F-30)      >     Icon(5th gen, KF-28)         >        Reference(6th gen, R-28f)

Then I would consider the larger Titanium tweeter models to be on a high performance tier, as follows:

RF-7(1st&2nd gen)             >                >                  >                 RB-75(3rd gen)            >          RF-83(4th gen)           >         RF-7ii(5th gen)              >                  ????(6th gen)

There is no high performance 6th gen Reference model yet.

Edited by mattSER
  • Like 1

Palladium is the flagship series... an argument could actually be made that the Heritage line is also.

Yes, the problem is that "flagship" is kind of a vague term.  Are we talking about:

flagship speakers period?  

flagship speakers within a given line?  

flagship line?  

flagship speakers within all reference lines in particular?  

Kind of like with Marantz, they have the flagship SR-7010.  That doesn't mean that an 8802A preamp and external amp isn't better though.  

• Moderators

Palladium is the flagship series... an argument could actually be made that the Heritage line is also.

Scrappy would argue the cinema series is the flagship lol.

I think the OP was just referring to flagship within the reference series. Yes Klipsch made it very confusing calling a rebadged Synergy Series "Reference".

Yes Klipsch made it very confusing calling a rebadged Synergy Series "Reference".

Before the premiere rollout, I fully expected them to have Reference 1, 2, and 3. They even had news releases saying they're going to have a tiered approach when the Synergy got replaced and at that point they had Reference 1 and 2. I thought you'd have Reference 1 in Best Buy, I thought the Reference 2 would stay as it was, and thought the Reference 3 would be a new line that was built like the RF-7ii's with nice veneer but in smaller packages. I do like what they've done with the 280-FA in this regard, it was what I originally envisioned, just thought it would have a larger compression driver like the RF-7ii's.

http://www.klipsch.com/pressreleases/first-tier-reference-speakers-press-release

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Scrappy would argue the cinema series is the flagship lol.

I think the OP was just referring to flagship within the reference series. Yes Klipsch made it very confusing calling a rebadged Synergy Series "Reference".

palladium is the flagship for normal

Home users. Cinema is flagship for movie theaters. Cinema is also flagship for audio nut jobs like myself who can hide them. There i said it. I'm a nut job. But my speakers are fantastic lol