Hot topic

Kelly McAloney

It only has an inch on top but it's open

That sounds like your problem. My Onkyo TX-SR705 ran real hot while I had it on a shelf with an inch of clearance. I added a low profile fan that pulled the heat out of the top and expelled it out the front and back of the shelf. The internal temp dropped over 20F degrees.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

It only has an inch on top but it's open

That sounds like your problem. My Onkyo TX-SR705 ran real hot while I had it on a shelf with an inch of clearance. I added a low profile fan that pulled the heat out of the top and expelled it out the front and back of the shelf. The internal temp dropped over 20F degrees.

Bill

thanks bill, while I have your guys ears, at really high levels my tweeter on one side of my mains crackles , is this bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks bill, while I have your guys ears, at really high levels my tweeter on one side of my mains crackles , is this bad

It can be. Sometimes the source material is recorded or broadcasted poorly and can add audible distortion.

Does it happen very often with different sources?

Bill

It can be. Sometimes the source material is recorded or broadcasted poorly and can add audible distortion.

Bill

so far just with my iPhone and I can only hear it on slower music I was thinking it was the Bluetooth because my kmc3 has some crackle sometimes but I was concerned because I could only hear it out one side

Bill

so far just with my iPhone and I can only hear it on slower music I was thinking it was the Bluetooth because my kmc3 has some crackle sometimes but I was concerned because I could only hear it out one side

Switch the channels the speakers are on (just move the cables, each to the other speaker), and see if the crackle changes sides.

• Like 2

Bill

Switch the channels the speakers are on (just move the cables, each to the other speaker), and see if the crackle changes sides.

thats a great idea, I'll try that as soon as o get home and let u know

Bill

thats a great idea, I'll try that as soon as o get home and let u know

Well I tried what u said and it didn't do it at all one of the banana plug was loose so I spread it a bit when I put them back to correct speaker and crackle is gone thanks for your help guys [emoji445][emoji344][emoji344][emoji344]