WTB Oppo XXX

InVeNtOr

wow, you ask, and you shall receive. lol!

so that is the basic 83? i'll have to message him and ask.

Since he mentioned north Texas in his ad, I asked where he is (on your behalf) since I am up there now but he is in Waxahachie so not in the neighborhood to check out.

• 1 month later...

to revisit this topic....

so part of the reason i wanted a new blu-ray player was my PS3 would sometimes not play certain blu-rays. this drove me nuts! well, a quick google search sent me the fix. a file is corrupted and you go through the steps to reset it.  it's now fixed, but i'm still a little torn....

believe it or not, the wife gave me the go ahead to buy a PS4.  I know! i know! i should stop here but i'm just not that excited about it.  she then tells me to get an Xbox One, I know I know! i should REALLY stop there.  the issue with that, there are specific games on the ps4 i'd rather play, but i don't care that much. 

i already know the PS4 missed the mark for a blu-ray player, not too sure how the Xbox One "sounds"

so, i'm still thinking of getting an Oppo.  when i look at the spec of the 83, i don't see 4K upscaling.  the 101ci seems like a smart choice.  i won't need the apps because the next TV i buy will have that.  the 103 has the better processor. 

i think if i can find a deal on a 103 i'll get that.  i honestly don't play games at all.  i'm about to put my Wii up for sale.  it was nice to have.  we played it, but we go very long periods of time not playing it. 

As an Xbox One owner and an Oppo owner...spare yourself the headache of the Xbox. I wasn't a fan, had dimming and controller issues through most of the movies I'd watch. Not to mention that every time a scene changed, the Xbox would act like it was changing decoders which gave off a pop in the speakers.

i guess this entire topic is now dead.  i just pulled my head out of the sand and realized 4K blu-ray players are coming out this year. i was going to buy a 4K TV but the articles say some 2015 TV's won't be able to support the 60FPS of the new format. can't wait to see how much the first Oppo 4K blu-ray player will be! lmao! i contacted Emotiva and asked about UMC-1 upgrade support, but i'm sure the answer will be, "buy a XMC-1"! lol! good thing i still have that 40% discount card!

• Like 1

i guess this entire topic is now dead.  i just pulled my head out of the sand and realized 4K blu-ray players are coming out this year. i was going to buy a 4K TV but the articles say some 2015 TV's won't be able to support the 60FPS of the new format. can't wait to see how much the first Oppo 4K blu-ray player will be! lmao! i contacted Emotiva and asked about UMC-1 upgrade support, but i'm sure the answer will be, "buy a XMC-1"! lol! good thing i still have that 40% discount card!

There are updates to the XMC-1 that they're working on right now for 4K support. As it stands, I don't think the XMC-1 natively supports it - I think you have to add it.