Snow

jimjimbo

Guest David H

It was 90 degrees here in SoCal today.

Yeah, but the downside is you have to live there…

I have live in California most of my life, there are definitely down sides.

The up side is, I have no idea what rust is, or what penetrant is used for!

Dave

Arrow#422-

Would the Port City be Muskegon?  What class of iceboats are those in your avatar?

In my long lost youth I sailed on Spring Lake.  When the ice, temp and wind cooperated, blasting down the ice on Spring Lake at 60 mph on a DN was a thrill denied our warm weather brethren.

i spent four years in Grand Haven while in the Coast Guard.

• Like 2

So that's a NO. But that's OK. That thin crust greasy garlicky pizza is an acquired taste. In GH the Clover Bar has excellent more traditional pizza. I like both and choose Clover Bar more often, but every now and then a Fricano's pie is the only answer.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

It was 90 degrees here in SoCal today.

Yeah, but the downside is you have to live there…

I have live in California most of my life, there are definitely down sides.

The up side is, I have no idea what rust is, or what penetrant is used for!

Dave

Dave

I better leave the question of penetrant to Jared from Subway. Seems he might be needing a 55 gallon drum

Mark

So that's a NO. But that's OK. That thin crust greasy garlicky pizza is an acquired taste. In GH the Clover Bar has excellent more traditional pizza. I like both and choose Clover Bar more often, but every now and then a Fricano's pie is the only answer.

forgot about this thread...yes, definitely Clover Bar over Fricano’s.  I’ve only had Fricano’s twice and would be open to try it again; but, i don’t think they deliver to Los Angeles.

Arrow#422-

Would the Port City be Muskegon?  What class of iceboats are those in your avatar?

In my long lost youth I sailed on Spring Lake.  When the ice, temp and wind cooperated, blasting down the ice on Spring Lake at 60 mph on a DN was a thrill denied our warm weather brethren.

Diz - You are the 1st to nail my location.  Muskegon Yacht Club was blocks away from home, and I probably know some of those Spring Lake scow sailors you no doubt ran with.  Ice boating is a recent endeavor that has no real comparison - wind driven at 50-60 mph with no brakes!  Maybe a flat track motorcycle with studs but that is not quite the same.  A nice sheet of frozen lake ice can be completely ruined by the smallest of snowfalls which explains the popularity in the Wisconsin locales - cold temps and little snow on the windward side of Lake Michigan & a HUGE lake (Winnebago) and so many others in close proximity to race on.  My avatar pic is my Arrow boat & a friend's 24 foot Skeeter watching a tug break ice on Muskegon Lake.  His boat has seen GPS speed of 85mph, and it is a 2 seat "boat" originally built by the Chris Craft corporation back in the 50's by the sons of the owners.

As for the pizza, Mr Scribs in Muskegon still puts out a great pie if you like greasy thin crust with "all" the toppings.  Some Place Else would be for those who prefer a traditional crust.  

• Like 3

Arrow#422-

i spent four years in Grand Haven while in the Coast Guard.

I live 5 miles north of grand haven.

• Like 1