Klipschorns in Portland, Or

JerolW

The price is firm at $1400?  :blink:

Geez, the price should be firm at $2400. 

Why are you driving the price up Doc?

Remember Steven C from Seattle? he thought as long as the prices were crazy high his used Ks would continue to appreciate. Klipsch raising their retail price to 12k from 9k didnt seem to drive the used market up

And thanks for reminding me of that guy who kew everything and would stomp his feet and pitch a fit til he got his way.

Oh wait, am I getting him mixed up with other members? NAH, they are all in the same boat

Mark

"Light oiled oak finish"?? Pix don't match description...pictures show probably Birch or maybe maple.
Agreed.  The grain is not a book-matched veneer, so it's likely birch but not maple and definitely not oak.  It's also a "C", not the premium K-horn style.  The kick plate doesn't look well-matched to me. $2400 is too high, from what I've seen on the forum.  

"Light oiled oak finish"?? Pix don't match description...pictures show probably Birch or maybe maple.

Agreed.  The grain is not a book-matched veneer, so it's likely birch but not maple and definitely not oak.  It's also a "C", not the premium K-horn style.  The kick plate doesn't look well-matched to me. $2400 is too high, from what I've seen on the forum.

+1

The $1,400 asking price is spot on. More would be a stretch.

I agree that they're not oak. He states oak finish. I've seen a lot of people claim a finish while not claiming what the wood is. Ex: cherry finish (redish) or walnut finish (brown), while the wood is birch. It is, sometimes, tough to tell what the wood really is and it's misleading.  Also, the price is about right for their condition, wood and age.