see what happens when you mock Ketchup

BigStewMan

20 hours ago, oldtimer said:

That is what I remember McDonald's using back in the day before they went to frozen.  It was mounted on the wall, and we would watch the worker put potatoes in and squish out the frenched product.  At this point it is practically an urban legend, but I know what I saw...

I had mine given to me. I gave a guy a small a/c unit and he gave me this french fry cutter. He got it out of a old farmhouse he was helping take down. I have it mounted on a board. You can still buy them. I have a smaller one I got at bass pro and it works pretty well also. Its alot like this one and it sticks to counter with suction. Theres a few places around here that still make them like this.

image.png.e103a0437065721201233133b53d773b.png

33 minutes ago, jason str said:

Crispy fries dipped in a Wendy's frosty is the way to go.

Sounds gross but it works.

I want some of that shit your smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A friend that just passed told me how to make great potato wedges. slice the tater into 1/8 around sections and bake till soft. Let cool and then sprinkle with flour and spices. Then deep fry. His name was Rodger Thornburg and he was one of the baddest people ive ever met. Nicest to if you left him alone. You can still find him listed online as 2nd in the world in armwrestling in the 70s! RIP. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr clean said:

I had mine given to me. I gave a guy a small a/c unit and he gave me this french fry cutter. He got it out of a old farmhouse he was helping take down. I have it mounted on a board. You can still buy them. I have a smaller one I got at bass pro and it works pretty well also. Its alot like this one and it sticks to counter with suction. Theres a few places around here that still make them like this.

image.png.e103a0437065721201233133b53d773b.png

I see there are other forms with that but hell, I can make the kind shown with a knife just as quickly...

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Hey my coffee peeps The BOSS and I are OK and hanging tough...

Hope all is good with all...

I'll have a cup of coffee with you all tomorrow before I roll out to the shop..

Later MKP 🙂

hey brother man ... glad that you’re alright.

11 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Later MKP 🙂

Where you been!  Great to see you posting.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 11:49 AM, Edgar said:

Am I the only one who actually prefers french fries that are frozen before being fried?

Probably not. When ever I make fries or potato chips, I soak'em in heavily iced water. Suppose to keep them from sticking together, but I think they just taste better too.

15 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Later MKP :-)

@MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE great to hear you and the BOSS are doing OK! Wish you had said GREAT! Either way, don't be a stranger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

@MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE great to hear you and the BOSS are doing OK! Wish you had said GREAT! Either way, don't be a stranger. 

First thing I thought also.

5 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Probably not. When ever I make fries or potato chips, I soak'em in heavily iced water. Suppose to keep them from sticking together, but I think they just taste better too.

I have heard the same thing, even tried it, to me it's hard to tell if it helps. Either way they seem to take forever to cook, but worth it.

Tried in the oven and with an air fryer but nothing beats when they are fried.  

• 6 months later...