see what happens when you mock Ketchup

BigStewMan

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Wait, What???  That better not happen.  I think of you every time I see ketchup now!  I mean, geez Louise talk about throwin someone under the bus???  You better just stick around a bit more @BigStewMan I think.  You're fun!!!  😂  :)

Lately, I'm gone more than I'm here and you're still doing just fine.  

It's not about this place why I leave. To make this mildly amusing ... it's not you guys, it's me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went a couple weeks without it, but got some last week at the store when I found Heinz without highfruitcose in it. Have to bake some potato wedges with some "Montreal Steak Seasoning" ground over them and a little olive oil for a crunch. I'll post it when I do in the next few days!

• Like 2

That seasoning is mostly several kinds of pepper and garlic. Mixed it with parmesan, chopped bacon and olive oil in a gallon ziploc bag. Tasty lunch although the bacon didn't all stick.

Made a big tray, I'll finish off the eggs that I let get close to expiration tonight with `em.

PXL-20210723-193323410.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 11:13 AM, dtel said:

That is not nearly enough ketchup for Steve, just saying.

Ate somewhere a couple weeks ago and this was on the table so I tried it, and it was pretty good. 

redyz2r_redgold_mamaselitasketchup_20oz_front.png

that size is enough for one order of French fries. I did finish off an entire bottle once at a Johnny Rockets in Long Beach, CA. 

I was at a British Pub having some fish & chips.  The waitress comes by the table ... stops and stares ... then says, "I've never seen anyone use that much ketchup."

In my defense, I warn people to use the ketchup BEFORE I do or there may be none left.  I'm just a nice guy that way. 

• Haha 2

OK; have to add this for "general info."  Most Europeans, especially the Dutch, Belgians, Germans, French, etc. do NOT use ketchup on their fries :)  Main sauces are 1. mayonnaise, 2. peanut sauce, 3. chili sauce, 4. piccalilly ... and maybe #20. ketchup. :) And I will certainly not put it on a good steak (haha; NO steak sauce either). Yes, we do keep a bottle of ketchup in the house - in the garage refrigerator for guests :) 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Emile said:

Yes, we do keep a bottle of ketchup in the house - in the garage refrigerator for guests :) 

a fresh bottle of ketchup ... I'm on my way!

I use A1 and Ketchup on my steak.

my brother lived in Germany and told me about using mayo with fries. 

some people love a cigarette or cigar ... I love a swig of ketchup. 

• Haha 5

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Emile said:

And I will certainly not put it on a good steak (haha; NO steak sauce either).

I put nothing on a good steak, why cover up the taste.

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

my brother lived in Germany and told me about using mayo with fries. 

I have done that, or you can mix it with ketchup, that's good also. Party sandwiches are usuialy a little yellow mustard and mayo mixed. 

• Like 4