pulsating tinnitus

A1UC

Ive had it ever since I was very young... probably from being exposed to very loud music and multitudes of racing during my formative years.

I have pusling.. layers and layers of tones, pretty much everything the brain is throwing at me as it tries to make sense of the missing information the nerves in my ear drums can not produce.

I find the worst time is when it is extremely quite... late at night. The sound is so very loud it is deafening!

Once the nerve is damaged, it is not coming back.

Edited by Schu

Those hearing problems are caused by "maybe careless or not" removing of the tonsils which are right next to the ear stuff. I saw that on a PBS special I think. But then again maybe I didn't hear it too well because I had my tonsils out and that hospital is out of business.

JJK

I'm 29yr old.

I went to the odolaryngologist last week and had a few tests done:

I have had a crackling sound in ears forever, sometimes feels like pressure, and I can "crack or pop" my ears by moving my jaw and swallowing.. Like on an airplane. That makes them "open up" for a few seconds of crystal clear hearing!! But then it slowly fades right back to muffled crackling and popping.

Prognosis: Tempromandibular joint (TMJ) is my jaw out of alignment pushing on my eustecean (spelling?) tube cutting off how much sound is heard.

Had a hearing test done. Passed with flying colors.

Asked doc why I have very poor hearing with ANY level of background noise.

Prognosis: ADD or ADHD.

He said ADD or ADHD can cause your brain to "get bored" with what it's listening to and focus on background noise for something fresh and new.

So when someone flushes a toilet, or is talking, or the furnace turns on-- and I'm watching a movie or listening to music... If I can hear the background noise the movie or music totally disappears or at best it then becomes the background noise. And I have to hyper focus on the movie/music to regain control and hear it.

When I was in the hearing booth I could swear I heard my blood flowing!! Hahaha it was so quiet in there, I heard whooshing sounds..

So many weird noises when conditions are just right.

Good luck on your testing!

• Like 1

I have had it for 10 years. If stay away from MSG in my foods that helps. Losing weight helps. Keeping caffeine to a soda or two a day helps too. I did quit taking an aspirin a day because that made it much worse. Right now I'm down about 40lbs and almost no tinnitus. Good luck to you.

I've had it for maybe 10 years too but it's from concerts, playing in bands, being in car audio/home audio/video for 30 years, headphones, etc...at least I'm told. I lost 50 lbs and it wasn't any better. Gained 40 of it back from marital stress but its still the same. Some days it's louder than others...but always there. It won't go away now.

Heartbeat sounds.....see my previous post. That was some of my issue as well. Cicadas, buzzing, ringing, high pitched hiss and heartbeats. There are some meds on the market that get rid of it altogether.

https://lipoflavonoid.com/

So Teaman are you giving this stuff a vote of "It works"?  I have wondered several times over the past years about trying it.

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2015 at 3:00 PM, Schu said:

When I am laying there at night and I can not sleep and the tinnitus is blaring away, I try and pick out the tones to see how many individual pulsings I can hear at the same time.

I feel for you, buddy. I have had tinnitus all my life. Some days are better than others.

One tip, set up a small portable fan in the bedroom and concentrate on the fan noise to help fall asleep.

• Like 2

They looked at my last test from 8 yrs ago and said there is only a 10db difference in the same range , I guess it's not that bad but I'm going to start having to pay attention and wear ear muffs when riding the zero turn .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1