New plate amp with possibility

Scrappydue

Plate amps don't get a lot of attention since pro amps are much cheaper and can have better dsp but this one might be a nice one for the person that's want to build a traditional subwoofer.

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-spa1200dsp-1200w-subwoofer-amplifier-with-dsp--300-8000?utm_source=Retail&utm_medium=Email_Newsletter&utm_content=300-8000&utm_campaign=email112315A

New product, nice find.  But expensive.

I built a Dayton Audio Reference 15, sealed, RSS390HO driver.  The sophistication of that DA SPA1200 makes my Yung 500 watt plate amp look trick as a brick.

I would think that SPA1200 would match well with one of the 18" sub kits, maybe the Ultimax 18.  That would still bring the cost of the sub with that nice plate amp to $1,000, where you could built a couple of UM18's with an Inuke 6000 for about $1100.

holy crap they even have a 2400w one!! as far as i know that is the most powerful plate amp anyone can buy except speaker power which from what i gather on their website is for OEM manufacturers only. so you would have to know someone who knows someone to even get one of those. 

A Fan? That's a non starter for me.

Fans that are inside of the enclosure and easily modifiable if they're not the silent type.  Seems to me that the back wave of whatever you're hooking a 2,400 watt amp to would be much more of an issue to worry about.  

A Fan? That's a non starter for me.

lol why? any big pro amp has fans. I just dont get why a fan would matter. 

A separate amp can be remoted to a utility room or equipment closet. I just don't like fan noise or any other noise for that matter. When there is no signal there should be silence. Hey its just me OK. :)