bi amping RF-35's

I have a Yahama RX-V1600 7.1 that's being ran in a 5.1.  I have RF-35's, RC-35, RS-25's and a RW-12.  The AVR has a switch that allows the back surrounds to be used for the second amps for the towers. From what I've read in other forums I'm wasting my time and I'm ok with that.  My question is can it hurt the towers and will taking the bars off the binding posts disable the crossovers?  Just moved into a new house / basement and setting things up / playing around.

The crossovers are inside the speakers, all the binding posts do is make it easier to plug into. There is not going to be a difference in sound bi-amping unless you take the crossovers off each driver, and use an external crossover.

I have a Yahama RX-V1600 7.1 that's being ran in a 5.1.  I have RF-35's, RC-35, RS-25's and a RW-12.  The AVR has a switch that allows the back surrounds to be used for the second amps for the towers. From what I've read in other forums I'm wasting my time and I'm ok with that.  My question is can it hurt the towers and will taking the bars off the binding posts disable the crossovers?  Just moved into a new house / basement and setting things up / playing around.

by taking the bars (jumpers) off the crossover terminals you are simply separating the two sections of the network (bass and mid/hi). With the jumpers in place you can connect a single amplifier and drive both the woofer section and the tweeter (horn) section of the speaker at the same time with the same amplifier/signal. When you remove the jumpers you are then able to feed each section (woofer and tweeter) with a separate amplifier. The best way to do this is to bi amp with a matched pair of stereo amplifiers. Set up so each stereo amp runs its own loudspeaker with channel "A" on the woofer and channel "B" on the tweeter. This keeps gain settings the same and makes for the easiest load on the amp. Personally I like to bi amp this way better than using a single stereo amp some folks don't. So experiment and see what you think. I am however not a fan of using surround receivers for music though because very many of them sound so bad. Best regards moray james.

When "Bi-amping" from an AVR--it reduces the total power to all speakers.

It could reduce overall power to all speakers from 20 to 40% or more of the rated

output of the AVR. When using Very High Sensitivity Speakers like a Klipsch

it is really not very beneficial to bi amp.

You'll get better performance by using the jumpers on the speaker and using

one set of wires and letting the AVR deliver more power to those speakers.

Edited by rebuy