Brand New Audiophile Chair at La-Z-Boy 50% Off

etc6849

http://www.la-z-boy.com/p/charlotte-high-leg-recliner/_/R-028931

Comes in brown or burgundy for $399 + tax (ends this weekend).  Of course you can go custom for $400 more, but I opted for the black friday special.  My ears are just above the back and the chair is well padded too. 

Seems like a great audiophile chair, especially if you are ultra anal and want to have your impulse response plot look a little cleaner.  It will be interesting to compare REW measurements versus my leather chair with a very high back.  Made in the US, and the construction looks good given it's price.

PS: I think this may be instore only at your nearest La-Z-Boy store.

Edited by etc6849
  • Like 3

Maybe... I'm seeing a high peak at 690 microseconds on my ETC plot due to my current chairs.

I'm not sure if fixing it will make a perceivable difference or not (due to the time it takes for my brain to actually process a sound). System sounds great now though!

Edited by etc6849

What an improvement for very little money after I sell my palliser leather chairs on craigslist (which is where I bought them so I'm not losing much)!

I need to rerun Dirac, but the red plot speaks for itself.  No more peak at near 690 microseconds and the plot looks cleaner over all even without Dirac.

post-31898-0-60460000-1448674308_thumb.j

I see you're looking for a lower back cloth chair, so you may be on to something.

post-31898-0-59460000-1448674324_thumb.j

post-31898-0-55500000-1448674339_thumb.j

Edited by etc6849