Heresy III owners in NYC?

md92468

Hello,

I've whittled down my options to a handful of high efficiency speakers for my new set up, and Heresy IIIs are among the finalists. Are there any H3 listeners in the NYC who would be willing to let me have a listen? I live in Brooklyn and can provide a beverage for the occasion.

Thanks in advance.  – Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Matt,welcome to the forum, our area is a little tough to find fellow forum members in the NYC area. I had the same issue as well when looking to get into Heritage speakers. Best thing would be going to a place where they are for sale and trying them there. CL is pretty filled with Heresy, Forte speakers within an hours drive.

Hamilton is right outside of Tenton. Most folks in Brooklyn don't drive, actually most folks in NYC don't drive so Hamilton might as well be on the other coast. There are trains and busses to get you there but I couldn't imagine carrying a set of Heresy's onto a train.

There must be some audio dealers in NYC that carry Klipsch.

By the way, I picked up a set exactly like them about a month ago for about 100 bucks less. Same year, 1983, same oiled oak finish but without the risers. Mine are in much, much better shape though.

They are out there but being stuck in the city makes it hard to chase down the deals.

BillWojo

If you're still interested in getting any idea how Heresy's sound. I'll have Heresy 1's back from loan to a family member in about 2 weeks. I have other goodies too (Cornwalls and Klipschorns). My zip is 11214, right off the Belt Pkwy, Bay Parkway exit.

If you're still interested in getting any idea how Heresy's sound. I'll have Heresy 1's back from loan to a family member in about 2 weeks. I have other goodies too (Cornwalls and Klipschorns). My zip is 11214, right off the Belt Pkwy, Bay Parkway exit.

If he doesn't take you up on the offer, and it's open, I'd gladly come by. I've been wanting to preview both the Corn's and K's for awhile. I'm right over the Outerbridge.

P.C. Richards can get the Klipsch Heresy III or the Cornwall III and deliver them to you.  HIII is an upgrade to the H1.  They are both very good speakers.  If you want to buy new ones, go with the HIII.  Cornwall III is a much bigger speaker.  You should go to JJT's and listen to them and decide which speaker fits your budget and room.

Edited by Scenthorns

If he doesn't take you up on the offer, and it's open, I'd gladly come by. I've been wanting to preview both the Corn's and K's for awhile. I'm right over the Outerbridge.

Sounds good, we'll set up something after the holidays?

• Like 1