(old specs) Klipsch.com - Website/Search Box, what happened?

BusaDude

The old specs will be coming back... soon™.

As for the comment "this website change wasn't well thought out", I don't think you understand a lot of things related to my job. That's OK.

I understand your job, it's to make random changes in a deliberate attempt to piss people off.  Mission accomplished!  :D

I want you (right now!) to change this web site back to the way it was in 1967, or I'm emailing your boss. 

(wvu80 ducks and runs to avoid the cyber monkey wrench being thrown his way)  :P

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

• Administrators
change this web site back to the way it was in 1967

Here's how a DIY'er could make this happen:

1. Unplug your computer.
  2. Go outside.
  3. Throw it in the garbage.
  4. Cancel your internet.
  • Like 2

it is on my list, along with a metric crapload of other super-high-priority post-launch things that I'm working through

Is Klipsch world domination on that list, cause it would be really cool.

Thanks for doing what you do, I could only imagine the things you have to do.  From my perspective, the site and forum were way outdated and it is probably more work than originally anticipated.  Keep up the good work and keep on keeping on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

spec sheets

I would suggest rethinking how the spec sheets are presented. It does not draw your eye to them and is very awkward to find even when you're looking for them. It's down at the bottom of the page, on a black background with brown letters, underneath a highlighted section with a white background, and merged with another black section. It blends in with the page footer too well, which is usually generic "contact us" links so many of us have subconsciously trained ourselves to ignore it. The rest of it looks nice but finding the specs is not very intuitive as far as layouts go. On this point I like the old layout better.

Just to make sure I'm not crazy, I just had another developer look at a product page for the first time and told him to find the specifications without using the find/search box, it took him 60 seconds.

• Administrators
I would suggest rethinking how the spec sheets are presented.

We are actually doing that very thing, oddly enough. It won't be a completely huge change, but we will be making it a little easier to navigate around a long product page sometime soon. 

I like websites to evolve. To me, it's never "done", and I like the idea of iteration.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...