A little help with what i have been given....

Nunya80

My neighbor just gave me a set of Heresy speakers, a Integra 7-8 amp, a Klipsch KV3 center and a Klipsch sub 10. These were his brother inlaws who passed and they just wanted it out of the house. I am trying to figure out a fair price for what he gave me so i can at least give him a few bucks. The amp is what it is... A 8 year old amp. I see thme for 50 to 100 on ebay. I am at a loss on the speakers though. The Heresys are in vg condition with a coup,e edge nicks in the black paint. They are consecutive serial numbered on t the case.

4k908 and 4k907

Paper labels read h-db-12, 4k908 (907).

Black paint is over 95 percent with a couple edge nicks and a few scuffs but nothing into the wood. One speaker has a 3 inch water ring on it like from a planter or something.

The grills are very good condition with the badges. Never been opened as far as i can tell. The cones for the large speaker has been pushed in, but not cut or wrinkled. ( can this be repaired) ? They sound awesome with my old Dual turntable and some vintage "toys in the attic".

Any help, would be appreciated. I know when he gave it to me, he thought it was all junk, but i want to be fair. He also gave me an old beomaster 3000-2 if anyone is interested. I do pro av conference rooms for a living, but really all my stuff is newer professional stuff. Little out of my depth on vintage gear.

Thank you...

Mark

Omahapost-61999-0-60620000-1448683628_thumb.j

It is difficult to say.  Assuming just the Heresys, center, and sub.  Let us assume this was a "priced to move these out of here today, cash and carry."  If so, $600 would not be unfair at all. 

You are saving the source from dickering, shipping, uncertainty of condition, cost of repair, benefit of quick sale, etc.

WMcD

Edited by William F. Gil McDermott

I believe the 'K' in the serial number gives them a date of 1972, making them the original series of Heresy speakers. Those have compression drivers for the mid and tweeter. Crossovers of that age would very likely need the capacitors replaced (Klipsch used oil filled motor run caps at that time). If it is just the dust cap pushed in on the woofer, that's not really a problem and the dust caps can be cut off and new ones glues on if someone would want to. If the diaphragms on the drivers are still ok, I would say $200-$400 for the Heresy speakers. The Heresy series is still made (they are up to version III), and all of them have been great speakers.

The grills don't come off, btw. The drivers all mount to the back of the baffle. You can only access the inside by removing the back.

I can't give any advice for the other components.

Bruce

http://images.klipsch.com/Heresy_635042117876950000.pdf

Edited by Marvel

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you again... Been thouroughly enjoying this set up and some old records. I was listening to them through some Advents and an old technics amp out in the garage before, but I Cant get over how much richer the sound is with these things. Finally scored an original copy of "The Boxtops" with "the letter" and their version of "whiter shade of pale". Erie how awesome it sounds... My 7 year old and i are really enjoying just flipping through records down in the basement... He is really liking the eagles, led zepplin, sam and dave and kiss (sigh). He just asks me to load the rcord player up and he sits and listens to music while reading his book for school or playing with his legos. Same thing i did 35 years ago with alot of those same records. Good times for sure.

• Like 1