Sound difference between R-28F and RP-280F

JTG

This is from Klipsch:

"90x90 HYBRID TRACTRIX HORN Redesigned Tactrix® Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible"

I think this makes a HUGE difference in the sound.  That rubber surround is in response to a bunch of owners performing "putty" modifications to earlier models to reduce the harshness of the treble.  The 280's are much less harsh than the 28's.  As for bass response, I believe the 280's are 32 Hz, the 28's are 35 Hz.  Don't know if that really makes a big difference, but I know bass response is quite good with the 280's.  I'm quite happy with my 280's, and I REALLY wish I could have gotten 'em for the price they are listed at now.  My two cents.

Edited by JamesD1957