Downfiring Tuba home theater (THTLP)

jason str

Jason,

I think I may have asked once before on another thread, but do you ship on builds? I don't remember if I did ask or not.

Yes.

Send me a PM or e-mail if you wish to discuss details please.

E-mail located in my profile.

PM sent

If I'm building one of them and my max width on the HT is 32", you've done both multiple times, so which one would you do?  Strictly from a performance standpoint.

They are the same horn just folded differently.

Use whatever design fits best in your space.

Performance even with the 12" driver is outrageous, i never even maxed out the 10" in the Table Tuba and i like it loud sometimes.

Performance even with the 12" driver is outrageous, i never even maxed out the 10" in the Table Tuba and i like it loud sometimes.

Even the 8" that's in my TTLS sounds like a 15". It's all about the horn and size of the mouth, right Jason?

• Like 1

Even the 8" that's in my TTLS sounds like a 15". It's all about the horn and size of the mouth, right Jason?

Yes, i had one of my son's friends over who is into car audio competitions and the 8" driver in the Table Tuba was bumping in the garage, he did not believe it was only an 8" driver until i showed it to him.

• Like 1

Just finished repairing some buzzes & rattles for cleaner sound and happy (kind of) neighbors.

All the glaze fell off the window behind the stereo so i caulked it up to keep the noise down, a few extra nails helped on the aluminum flashing too.

post-28570-0-07520000-1450647926_thumb.j

That along with the big section of MDF i screwed to the studs helped, not much else i can do besides screw everything down.

Very happy with the sound, i missed my old THT and having the Chorus II hooked up again is a super match up until my next step is complete.

Was those quartets in that pic before you moved the C2's in? Never heard quartets I have owned bothe Forte and Chorus 2's. Sitting with popcorn in hand for some real world listening impressions!

Just a pair of KG-4, my favorites out of the KG line.

Quartets are a step above the KG-4's in my opinion.

If sound quality is your objective the THT & THTLP truly is the ultimate subwoofer.

Edited by jason str