Downfiring Tuba home theater (THTLP)

jason str

More pics.

post-28570-0-28640000-1450229101_thumb.j  post-28570-0-63480000-1450229127_thumb.j

This was cool, set the broom down and it stood up by itself.

It is not touching the table saw or anything else and could not get it to happen again.

post-28570-0-80680000-1450229156_thumb.j

4 different pictures were taken of the driver chamber and the spots were in all of them for some strange reason.

Tomorrow is driver leak check day & install driver chamber lid and check for leaks on the lid.

Then its onto finishing stage.

How do you check for leaks other than a good visual inspection prior to the finish?

With a 20 Hz tone you take a small airline or vacuum hose with one end to your ear and the other end you go along your seams that could possibly leak.

Air leaks make a chuffing noise that is easy to detect.

Firing the new THTLP up this afternoon after i rearrange some stuff, not sanded or finished yet but should sound great.

Also will be screwing up a old table top of 1 1/4" glueboard to the wall to keep the rattles at bay. Its bad enough the Table Tuba that is there now makes the window rattle and the noise really bothers me.

I may pick up some expanding spray foam and go around the window frame & hope it at least helps.

I like walnut as well but if I'm going to be using this with my Oiled Oak Chorus II's Walnut may not be the best choice.

If when i am done with my Heresy's & like the way they sound i may just finish everything in Walnut veneer.

No rush anyways, the holiday season is meant to be spent with friends & family.

Talking about the Chorus II's made me want to pull them out and hook them up with the THTLP.

Not bringing any good electronics out but the old Pioneer should be enough for a jam session.

Have not used these for years, it will be a special treat for sure.