The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
jason str

Downfiring Tuba home theater (THTLP)

post-28570-0-55600000-1450562168_thumb.j

Now that's better. A little dusty and the wood needs some oil but they still sound fantastic.

post-28570-0-40960000-1450562240_thumb.j

A little Neil Young to get things started.

• Like 2

Jason,

I think I may have asked once before on another thread, but do you ship on builds? I don't remember if I did ask or not.

Yes.

Send me a PM or e-mail if you wish to discuss details please.

E-mail located in my profile.

PM sent

Quick question (I'm sure it's buried multiple times in various threads) Tuba HT (32" max.) or THTLP with placement in a front corner of the sound stage for either.

Quick question (I'm sure it's buried multiple times in various threads) Tuba HT (32" max.) or THTLP with placement in a front corner of the sound stage for either.

Do not understand your question Pete.

If I'm building one of them and my max width on the HT is 32", you've done both multiple times, so which one would you do?  Strictly from a performance standpoint.

Edited by Pete H

If I'm building one of them and my max width on the HT is 32", you've done both multiple times, so which one would you do?  Strictly from a performance standpoint.

They are the same horn just folded differently.

Use whatever design fits best in your space.

Performance even with the 12" driver is outrageous, i never even maxed out the 10" in the Table Tuba and i like it loud sometimes.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.  Restocked on BB plywood yesterday so it's decision time.

Go for it Jim you won't be sorry.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Edited by SWL
  • Like 2

Performance even with the 12" driver is outrageous, i never even maxed out the 10" in the Table Tuba and i like it loud sometimes.

Even the 8" that's in my TTLS sounds like a 15". It's all about the horn and size of the mouth, right Jason?

• Like 1

....and boundary loading.

Edited by SWL

Even the 8" that's in my TTLS sounds like a 15". It's all about the horn and size of the mouth, right Jason?

Yes, i had one of my son's friends over who is into car audio competitions and the 8" driver in the Table Tuba was bumping in the garage, he did not believe it was only an 8" driver until i showed it to him.

• Like 1

Go for it Jim you won't be sorry.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

As soon as I'm done with the holidays and my triplets B-Day Qincey (15 year old in Spanish) I plan on getting one done.

• Like 2

Just finished repairing some buzzes & rattles for cleaner sound and happy (kind of) neighbors.

All the glaze fell off the window behind the stereo so i caulked it up to keep the noise down, a few extra nails helped on the aluminum flashing too.

post-28570-0-07520000-1450647926_thumb.j

That along with the big section of MDF i screwed to the studs helped, not much else i can do besides screw everything down.

Very happy with the sound, i missed my old THT and having the Chorus II hooked up again is a super match up until my next step is complete.

That is a winning design for sure... I love the way it looks, and it probably sounds better.

• Like 1

I read the whole thread, but just want to make sure.......

So - the only modification you did was the legs? Or did you modify it in any other way?

I read the whole thread, but just want to make sure.......

So - the only modification you did was the legs? Or did you modify it in any other way?

Legs and extra bracing through the horn & driver chamber.

• Like 1

Was those quartets in that pic before you moved the C2's in? Never heard quartets I have owned bothe Forte and Chorus 2's. Sitting with popcorn in hand for some real world listening impressions!

• Like 1

Was those quartets in that pic before you moved the C2's in? Never heard quartets I have owned bothe Forte and Chorus 2's. Sitting with popcorn in hand for some real world listening impressions!

Just a pair of KG-4, my favorites out of the KG line.

Quartets are a step above the KG-4's in my opinion.

If sound quality is your objective the THT & THTLP truly is the ultimate subwoofer.

Edited by jason str

What would it take to veneer that sucker?

What would it take to veneer that sucker?

2 4'x8' sheets or 3 8'x2'

3 sides, the back would be black with the terminal cup.