Will Klipsch release an RF-7 II Atmos add-on speaker?

ninjai18

^ This.

Not to mention (forgive my ignorance on DTS-X and Atmos), but aren't Atmos speakers just to Atmos spec? So wouldn't it be safe to say that timbre matching shouldn't exactly be an issue with them?

According to Dolby specs with the up-firing modules, all of them don't really have any bass, and the projected frequencies are boosted and cut according to a secret recipe to pull off the "psychoacoustic" effect.  Timbre matching among up-firing speakers vs. towers probably isn't even possible.  Ceiling mounts is a different story, Dolby urges you to match them as much as possible.  

That being said, I wish they'd release some that better matches RF-7ii's.  The current ones don't visually match very well.  You've got nice black ash veneer on the fat towers and sitting on top is skinny brushed vinyl.  Doesn't sound too bad with words but when actually doing it I didn't really like the look.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

That being said, I wish they'd release some that better matches RF-7ii's. The current ones don't visually match very well. You've got nice black ash veneer on the fat towers and sitting on top is skinny brushed vinyl. Doesn't sound too bad with words but when actually doing it I didn't really like the look.

I agree and imo they would look even worse sitting on the cherry 7II's. I might already be enjoying atmos if they had a matched version.

• Like 2

Pretty funny looking.  Takes away from the stateliness of the 7's.  Premiere towers aren't so bad.  The 280-FA's look way better than this solution.  I don't like the sound of the actual towers as much but if you're going to do Atmos modules, you really need the 280-FA's rather than this.  

10418914_10153271622534401_8762219110121

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Pretty funny looking.  Takes away from the stateliness of the 7's.  Premiere towers aren't so bad.  The 280-FA's look way better than this solution.  I don't like the sound of the actual towers as much but if you're going to do Atmos modules, you really need the 280-FA's rather than this.  

10418914_10153271622534401_8762219110121

What don't you like about the sound of the Premiere towers?

• 3 years later...