Black Friday carnage 2015

wvu80

You guys are funny.  I didn't really care so much about the first video, I really liked the second one.  I love that dry, sardonic humor.   :D

I couldn't comment on our local Black Friday situation, as I didn't go out.  And even when I do go out, the mall/mall area is not usually where I go.

Edited by wvu80

I don't understand most of it.  I guess a 47" TV for $150 is worth an assault charge to some people.  I got chastised for having white privilege or something for questioning this behavior before, so I try to have empathy, but much of it still makes zero sense to me, mainly because of exactly what the guy says in the Cracked video above.  It's dead on.  Appliances are still a killer deal though, but I'm not sure that's what people are fighting over.  People are fighting because retailers know how to whip them into a frenzy, plus we as a society have lost the ability to be nice.  It has little to do with the affordability of it all.  

Seriously though, washers and dryers, you can easily save a grand on some combos, and you can't do that any other day of the year.  Why don't people fight over those?  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

I mean seriously folks, how is what is shown in the first video acceptable? It's not that much different from rioting - and I think we've had plenty of that lately.

Pay attention to what's being said. 52 seconds in, "guy's got a gun". Really?

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Moronic!  Why in the world would you do this, even if you could possibly save $500 on a darn T.V. ?  If $500 is the difference between you paying your bills or buying an item, you're an idiot for being in that mess in the first place.  I purchase things when I need them or want them and getting a fair deal, which can vary greatly on how large the "need" is.  If $50, $100, $500, or even $1,000 is worth your dignity, safety and sanity, have at it, but lets call stupid, what it is.

I don't understand most of it.  I guess a 47" TV for $150 is worth an assault charge to some people.  I got chastised for having white privilege or something for questioning this behavior before, so I try to have empathy, but much of it still makes zero sense to me, mainly because of exactly what the guy says in the Cracked video above.  It's dead on.  Appliances are still a killer deal though, but I'm not sure that's what people are fighting over.  People are fighting because retailers know how to whip them into a frenzy, plus we as a society have lost the ability to be nice.  It has little to do with the affordability of it all.  

Seriously though, washers and dryers, you can easily save a grand on some combos, and you can't do that any other day of the year.  Why don't people fight over those?  

I bought a washer & dryer today without leaving the house. Didn't really want to buy anything but our 15+ year old washer has a bearing squeal and this is the time of year to buy appliances. Bought every other appliance in the house 2 years ago so replacing the HVAC is it for the mechanicals.

Keith

• Like 2

I mean seriously folks, how is what is shown in the first video acceptable? It's not that much different from rioting - and I think we've had plenty of that lately.

Exactly - a marketing induced, retail - riot.

Humorous on the surface, but it's way too similar to the chaos associated with food shortages experienced around the world.

Anywhere that demand far exceeds supply, human behavior tends to become savage.

Remember the 70's gas crisis?  

I'm not a dooms-dayer by any means, but that behavior could be common place should our supply of fundamental need items become compromised.

Man, I sure hope not in my day!

Exactly - a marketing induced, retail - riot.

Humorous on the surface, but it's way too similar to the chaos associated with food shortages experienced around the world.

Anywhere that demand far exceeds supply, human behavior tends to become savage.

Remember the 70's gas crisis?  

I'm not a dooms-dayer by any means, but that behavior could be common place should our supply of fundamental need items become compromised.

Man, I sure hope not in my day!

Running, trampling, psychotic, obsessed, possessed, walking dead.  Makes the Zombies seem civil! :wacko:  

• Like 1