KLIPSCH CORNWALLS (relisted in WALNUT)

Miami305NATIVE

Pictures added, today.

Any pictures of the imperfection so perspective buyers can see what you are referring to? "Only one imperfection is on a speaker cabinet (side panel:spot on upper corner), but other than that they are perfect."

Also, are you the original owner?  I would like to know if those are Klipsch factory lacquer or stained done at home with poly?

Thanks.

Hi Pzannucci, 

I'm the second owner, and they were originally C-BR (Raw Birch wood). The original owner had lightly used a ploy, which I didn't like because it seemed uneven applied. I was going to prime them and paint them piano black because the new style cloth looks so clean and nice on them. Yet, I decided to strip off the poly and sand it down with 220 grit and 440 grit sandpaper then stained them. The stain was not cherry, I think it was more red oak (I'll make sure this weekend). Currently no poly and no wax, yet the 440 grit made them smooth to the touch and the shine from the stain is pretty attractive. If their still here by next weekend, I'm going at them again and using a stain conditioner prior to stain for a nicer look. The imperfection is excess wood putty on the corner side cabinet placed by original owner. I was able to even it out a bit, but I think one more go will help it out. So, If they turn out better which I think they can, someone may get lucky or I might just keep them. Thanks for taking a look and I'll post a picture of the spot, in a few. 

-RC

Miami305NATIVE,

Thank you for the response.  I go between South FL and Texas a lot so if I decided to pull the trigger on a set of speakers down there, I wanted to know what may need to be done to them, or conversely what I may want to do to them.

Thanks again.

@jweber

I was surprised that the Sansui could push both sets at the same time because most a/b speaker switches I've encountered on receivers never play at the same time. Currently I'm over saturated with Klipsch speakers and equipment, so I have to thin out the herd a little bit. I will be however replacing the Heresy's with Heresy ii's I picked up last week and hopefully I'll get Cornwall ii's to replace these Cornwalls. I'm really looking for a good price on RF-7ii but then I don't know what I'm going to do with my KSP-400's.

Thanks for the look.

-RC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...