How old is your daily driver?

Arrow#422

I thought they qualify- They are both daily drivers.

Can't include my 1994 Park Avenue that was sold with 374k on the clock, Or the 88 Olds 88 Royale that I don't know actual mileage - odometer never worked while I owned it.

So I got a diesel so I could have a reliable daily driver & run her for 400k-500k if need be.... But then we moved and now I like 16 minutes from work... So will be trading in and buying something LESS practical for the commute.

Now those 2………..are what I'm talking about 

18 year old BMW 740iL - my 25-26  year old 535i needs a new starter.  When I get that done it will become my daily again.  My wife drives the 2011 Genesis sedan, but after I get the 535i repaired - she wants to switch back and forth from the 740 to the Genesis (to keep the miles low on the Genesis - we don't even have 66K on it yet). 

Nice bug clowny!  Man, your profile picture freaks me out.   :)

Your picture locations:  Spider Park, Sternberg G&L, and lastly Pere Marquette Park (I grew up in Bluffton).

Who needs California?

We have FRESH water, sandy beaches, no man eating fish (sharks) or stinging jelly fish, and the sun still sets over the water - just like "there".

Edited by Arrow#422
  • Like 1

Nice bug clowny!  Man, your profile picture freaks me out.   :)

Your picture locations:  Spider Park, Sternberg G&L, and lastly Pere Marquette Park (I grew up in Bluffton).

Who needs California?

We have FRESH water, sandy beaches, no man eating fish (sharks) or stinging jelly fish, and the sun still sets over the water - just like "there".

Zippy the pinhead. :) he was a cartoon in early issue's of high times. :)

Had a 2011 Camaro as an everyday car. Got brand new tires last December 15th. Got it home and the next day big snowstorm. And another, and another - (theres 7 more others). Next time I got it on the road was end of March!  Thank goodness for the wife's Grand Cherokee.  So end of March I put an order in for a 2015 Wrangler (got a great trade in) and never looked back. On clear sunny days I use my 1954 Packard Pacific.  Straight 8 power, so smoooth!

• Like 1

Had a 2011 Camaro as an everyday car. Got brand new tires last December 15th. Got it home and the next day big snowstorm. And another, and another - (theres 7 more others). Next time I got it on the road was end of March!  Thank goodness for the wife's Grand Cherokee.  So end of March I put an order in for a 2015 Wrangler (got a great trade in) and never looked back. On clear sunny days I use my 1954 Packard Pacific.  Straight 8 power, so smoooth!

54 Packard Pacific.........NICE.....

MKP :-)

• Like 1

Well, the old car is an '06 Taurus that I drove from '10 to June of this year where it became my mom's car and the "quick run" car. Before that she had an '02 Taurus that we gifted to a family friend who was having a rough time.

My daily driver though is my '15 Fusion, and I absolutely love it.

These pictures have made the rounds, but I'll attach the one where all three are visible...

The silver car is the '06 Taurus. The red one in the background is the '02. (The white car is our neighbors.) And the Fusion should be pretty obvious.

post-58712-0-95160000-1450502319_thumb.j

It's the only new car I've ever had, and will probably be the only one.

post-58712-0-24880000-1450502378_thumb.j

It had some body work (phase 1 of 4 per the contract of the car (I had some upgrades mentioned)) in November, ahead of the cold and the freak-snowstorm where we rust-proofed the paint. Just today I got the all weather floor mats. There will be another set of body upgrades in April where the decals will be added, and wind deflectors installed on the windows to complete all of the upgrades.

Somewhere in there, a remote start will get tossed in, but I'm not sure when. That one I said would be out of pocket due to cost.

The '06 Taurus was my chase vehicle too. Most of the materials that were needed on chases are now built into my phone, and can be voice commanded with SYNC in the new car, so the Taurus still has all of the chase gear in it. It includes 2 1500 watt auxiliary power units, 1 1000 channel triple trunking digital scanner, a Motorola 24 band 2-way radio, a GPS, and a power dash for a laptop. And a mount for any phone. The radio had to be updated earlier last year to comply with IADOT laws though, and Bluetooth - so it's a Pioneer DEH-X9000 (I think - off the top of my head). It also has a hardpoint for an PLD-U656 beaming monitor. That thing was a hoot to have, even though it wasn't mine.

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 1