When reporting "database errors"...

Chad

• Administrators

Hi all,

When you come across a thread that is giving you a "database error" (which happens when someone accidentally cuts/pastes a URL with a trailing space), please also include what forum the topic is in. This will help speed up my efforts to fix it.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Greetings Chad,

Starting earlier this week, I cannot view the Lounge forum Called Coffee& C......

Driver Error indicated. Please help if you want to.

If you should find I have been blackballed there, let it remain the same.

Just like to give a reading and a view into sometimes, and pay my dues.

Your friend and mine,

:)  the billybob

Edit: Driver Error message I get is intermittent. Good to go for the most part here.

Thanks Chad!

Edited by billybob

Starting earlier this week, I cannot view the Lounge forum Called Coffee& C...... Driver Error indicated. Please help if you want to.

The problem Chad fixes is a Data Base error.  Normally everyone is affected.  I don't know if anyone else is having issues with the CC&C thread.  I was just there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Chad -- something may have acted up, but two links in my post in https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/162925-kilo-buck-turntables/#entry1999314 didn't activate.  One's an e-mail address and the other a website.

Thanks,

Larry

I've edited your posts and fixed. Sometimes when you cut/paste links, you gotta go back and make sure the links are auto-created properly (happens sometimes when there is a soft return between to things that should be links). You can select the text and click the Link icon to check.

IPS shouldn't be throwing that many errors...is Klipsch running on a Windows IIS server or something?

Our forums are currently on IIS, and I hate everything about that. We're moving away from it soon (when we do the next major forum update). That wouldn't be the cause of that latest problem though, that was just a formatting issue.

• Like 1

Our forums are currently on IIS, and I hate everything about that. We're moving away from it soon (when we do the next major forum update). That wouldn't be the cause of that latest problem though, that was just a formatting issue.

Huh. I only asked that because I was aware of those problems on the IPS3 line. They ran into the same issues we did when I was working on the XMB projects. There were some issues with how the SQL strings interacted with PHP5.x. Was a developers worst nightmare (we got in the habit at one point saying Linux OS's were required).

I haven't heard of any issues with IPS 4 though, and it looks pretty clean. I have been running a test install for about 8 months now with good feedback.

When you come across a thread that is giving you a "database error" (which happens when someone accidentally cuts/pastes a URL with a trailing space), please also include what forum the topic is in. This will help speed up my efforts to fix it.  
Hi Chad, I got the database error in the No Bullshit forum, in the thread "Trump?".  It froze me out of the last post, but was OK for the rest of all the forums.  I refreshed but didn't work, and I couldn't reply to any post in that thread.  Let me know if I could have cleared it up.  Thanks.

Hi Chad,

I'm still getting "database error" in p. 4of the thread https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/158435-trump/page-3, and I can't do a reply to a post on p. 3 of the thread.

I still don't understand what I've been doing wrong.  I do copy certain URL's, but what am I supposed to look for?  Just spaces?  Do I just delete such a space if I see it (and think of it)?

• Administrators
I do copy certain URL's, but what am I supposed to look for?  Just spaces?  Do I just delete such a space if I see it (and think of it)?

Yes, when you paste a URL, just backspace any trailing spaces that might have been added to the url that you pasted in, before you save the post. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chad unpinned this topic