Infamous216

Hello,  I recently purchased the Reference home theater system.  R15M, R26F, R10SW but I did not purchase the R25C because that speaker will not fit in the front of my TV Cabinet.  

I have a 65" curved Samsung TV sitting on the stand and the bezel sits about 2" or so off of the stand.  If I put the R25C in front of my TV it will block some of my viewing area.  My TV cabinet has 3 sections all at 18.125" wide.  

I prefer not to mount the center speaker on the wall behind the TV because that would look very odd and I don't want to put the center speaker on the floor.  

Is there a comparable speaker in anyone's mind that I could get that would sound ok to match this setup?  There are a few older Reference speakers that would work but I would have to find something used.  Is the G-16 my only bet? I'd hat to get another brand because it sounds like the non timbre matching wouldn't be good. 

Please help!

Thanks

@@MetropolisLakeOutfitters, Thanks, but then my next issue would be that im under powering the RP-440C.  I can only continuously power at 110W @ 8 ohms. The 440C needs 150w

The parts guy at Klipsch will say that you'll fry a tweeter with anything other than an exact match but that's not really how it works.  There's plenty of guys powering speakers that can take a bunch of power, with receivers that can't pump out nearly as much.  More important is the sensitivity.  If what you mentioned was an issue, everybody with a multi-channel receiver period would be in trouble, because even if you did match it perfectly, as soon as you drive all the channels and not just two, your 110 watts is suddenly a mere fraction of that amount, making that number useless.  

• Like 2

@@MetropolisLakeOutfitters, Thanks! I was worried enough I bought the newer receiver that was still a pretty good deal with more power.  I did get that info from a Klipsh guy and he pretty much scare tactic'd me into getting more power.  That math didn't make sense to me either.  I just didn't want to ruin my new system.  

Size wise if I could find a RC-42 II or the RC-10 I feel like those would work well.  Maybe a little old but they seem to be close.

• Moderators

The center channel is the most important speaker in a theater setup, I would do whatever I could to get the biggest and best to match what you have and make it work somehow.

I agree 100%

If your TV stand is in the center of the TV what about making a bridge (for the lack of a better word) to go around the center channel and set the TV on top of it ?

Kind of shaped like this rough drawing.....

post-9700-0-97460000-1449001800_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

@@dtel, I was thinking about that.  I seen a few things to get from Amazon.  They had a stand to put on the stand.  Like your bridge drawing.  Then another option was a TV stand mount.  Not sure if they would look right?  And I'd be really afraid to put this massive TV on something that would collapse.  lol.. 

I talked to an Audio guy from a Klipsch distributor.  He thinks the G-16 is timbre matched or would be close enough to sound right.  Anyone here have any opinions on that speaker?  Pricey little bastard... 

And I'd be really afraid to put this massive TV on something that would collapse.

Supposedly somebody here called in just like yesterday and asked about this, they said the RP centers are rated for like 100 pounds.  It's an MDF box, I doubt it's going to pancake on you.  But yes ideally match your towers.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

And I'd be really afraid to put this massive TV on something that would collapse.

I was told by a klipsch rep they are rated for a 100 lbs

Supposedly somebody here called in just like yesterday and asked about this, they said the RP centers are rated for like 100 pounds.  It's an MDF box, I doubt it's going to pancake on you.  But yes ideally match your towers.

I did get that info from a Klipsh guy and he pretty much scare tactic'd me into getting more power.  That math didn't make sense to me either.  I just didn't want to ruin my new system.  

I talked to an Audio guy from a Klipsch distributor.  He thinks the G-16 is timbre matched or would be close enough to sound right.  Anyone here have any opinions on that speaker?  Pricey little bastard... 

this kind of stuff is making me sick of klipsch. i am just about over them as a company in general these days.  :angry: 

If I put the R25C in front of my TV it will block some of my viewing area.

i personally would either wall mount your tv up just enough to clear the center that matches orrrr get (or build) a simple stand like dtel showed you.

I think it's less an indictment on Klipsch as a company and more an "audio" distributor that doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

I've run across guys like this in many walks of life...they'll tell you something patently false because 99% of Joe Public has no idea and won't call them on it. Pretty sad, but they get away with it.

I have 3 matching towers in the front--I bought a 42" TV that was too big for my table.

I took my tower--that I've been using for a center and laid it on it's side.

The TV sits perfectly on it and looks great---Sounds great also.

this kind of stuff is making me sick of klipsch. i am just about over them as a company in general these days.

You can't hold Klipsch accountable for every idiot salesperson working for 3rd party distributors.

It would be nice to see more active participation on this forum by current Klipsch engineers/designers to help cut through the marketing mumbojumbo.