PAIR original circa 1976/7 Cornwall cabs for sale - and vertical motorboards

popbumper

Hi guys:

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. In the continuing surplus cleanout that is my life, today's offering is a set of circa 1976/1977 (according to Serial numbers) original walnut cabinets. I am also throwing in a pair of new,pre-drilled vertical motorboards for a changeover.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THESE ITEMS SEPARATELY, MSG ME AND LET ME KNOW; I CAN SPLIT THEM.

Story:

1) These Cornwalls were purchased in roughly 2003/2004, had drivers removed and installed into brand new walnut

veneered cabinets, were kept for about two years, then were sold

2) The Serial numbers are sequential

3) The original walnut veneer is ROUGH, see photos (scarred, scratched, chipped - they were purchased this way)

4) The cabinets have the original terminal blocks, S/N labels, sound damping material, and crossover networks

5) The cabinets DO NOT HAVE grilles

6) The vertical fronts are cut to fit the original cabinets, made of MDF plywood, all CNC'd, and pre-drilled for

driver screws

THIS (MAY BE IF YOU BUY BOTH) STRICTLY A DIY proposal - but if you have ever wanted Cornwall cabinets with verticalthese may be for you.

Before I even price these things (and I want them outta here - I'd HATE to toss them in the trash), I need to know if there's any interest. Caveats:

7) I am near Dallas Texas, would PREFER local transaction but NOT mandatory

8) You want them shipped, they will be expensive to ship - but I WILL do it if it's necessary.

9) You buy them, you destroy them, it's your nickel. If you are not skilled at woodworking or don't know how to

effectively do the swap, it's your issue. Just trying to protect myself.

10) If you are interested in JUST the cabs, or JUST the fronts, please advise.

Anyone up for DIY? Thanks.

post-12311-0-07500000-1449167420_thumb.j

post-12311-0-29900000-1449167436_thumb.j

post-12311-0-11860000-1449167461_thumb.j

post-12311-0-01580000-1449167496_thumb.j

post-12311-0-74820000-1449167594_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post-12311-0-72940000-1453239156_thumb.jJimJimbo:

Thanks for the heads up on the metal tag - these are "type B" crossovers in these cabinets.

CABINETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE, THANKS.

Make me an offer on the cabinets and motorboards, or just cabinets, however you'd like. I won't give them away, I know some people want them free but I'm sorry, I'll leave them sit in the attic and put them back together one day. Not gonna trash them or give away.