FS: Marantz 2238 receiver with wood case - great condition

Yura

Hi all,

Due to recent medical bills that have drained us financially i need to sell my Marantz 2238 receiver. I've bought it a while back and used it only occasionally to listen to my music collection. It's in great condition -  clean, lights work, sounds good. Wood case has a few small imperfections (rear corner had chipped veneer and was repaired). I would really like to sell it locally if at all possible  (San Diego, California) as shipping this guy is just asking for trouble. I may still ship, but you will need to cover packaging/shipping costs - fedex, insured for full value and understand the danger of shipping. Should be around $50 or so in my estimate.

You are welcome to come to my place and check it out or listen while hooked up to RF-7s. By the way - looks great next to Cherry RF7s.

Would like to get $350 for it.

5CAyVl5.jpg

dpl6Z8j.jpg

Q1mHBed.jpg

AMs7gTk.jpg

lBqkQZX.jpg

V6MXG4G.jpg

Edited by Yura
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all. So far I've had several inquiries, but for some reason people schedule the time to meet or pick it up and then just don't show up. I have enough interest where I think it will sell and I'm in no huge rush to drop the price quickly, but can always knock off another $20 for forum member.

• Like 1

Thank you all. So far I've had several inquiries, but for some reason people schedule the time to meet or pick it up and then just don't show up. I have enough interest where I think it will sell and I'm in no huge rush to drop the price quickly, but can always knock off another $20 for forum member.

Most of us have all we need and a lot more.

<edit>: don't give up. That is a nice receiver

Edited by jweber
  • Like 1

A very nice match with Klipsch. I used mine with Heresys, Chorus IIs and Cornwalls, all with great success.

I traded mine for a McIntosh M74 tuner, and sometimes wonder why. A wonderful sounding receiver, and looks great in the walnut cabinet.

• 4 years later...

Hello,

First of all, I sincerely hope that yor medical situation has greatly improved since your post back in 2015.

I was hoping you might be able to answer a question for me.

I have a 2238B, and I have several components stacked on top of it and I am concerned about the weight it is bearing. I would like to get a wood case for it to lighten the burden, but I did not know if the WC-22 model case that I frequently see sold on eBay was compatible with my model or if a different wood case model is the correct one.

I came cross your old listing, and I have never seen a 2238B in a wood case before. I was not even sure they were comaptible with the wood cases.

Would you recall if you had the WC-22, or a different model?

Thanks for your time,

Paul

P.S.

For those reading, my 2238B is used with Original Large Advents (restored by Bill Legall at Millersound, and they sound fantastic) and some Klipsch RF-3 ii's that are about 20 years old.  Both sets of speakers were acquired in the past year, and I am very happy with the way each respectively pairs with the Marantz, and combine together.  My total outlay for both sets of speakers was about $800, so I am beyond happy with the quality of sound I am getting for the money I spent,.  I also have ADS L990 floor speakers in good shape, but they are on the bench in a distant 3rd place, behind the Advent and Klipsch speakers.

Edited by Paul B.
additional information

3 hours ago, Bozo73 said:

Paul

i would be more concerned about heat dissipation rather than weight of the units stacked on the receiver.

Bob

I would be concerned about both to be honest.  I would never stack anything directly on top of a receiver or amplifier.

• Like 1