Jubilees: Alternative Package

PrestonTom

Okay, okay, okay

I have taken some moe photos and I am now putting a narrative together "on how to disguise your Jubilees and save your marriage" - or something like that.

I will also include some tweaks that I, and others, have figured out on how to get a better frequency and polar response. I want to get this done while my Jubilees are still around. I have promised to do this for a number of folks and I need to stick to my word.

-Tom

My MEHs are not as big as your Jubilees, but my wife did not like the big horn look at all. I made some black grills for mine and now she doesnt complain anymore about them.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Of course you would need to make sure the design had a structure that did not directly block the tweeter horn and that the material was acoustically benign etc. 

Think about it, a Shoji screen could be adapted and disguise our need for big speakers in the living room. This was the notion that got me started, but I integrated it into the cabinet itself .... sort of.

Of course in a man cave the Jubilees should be displayed in all their industrial-like grandeur. Alas, not all of us have dedicated listening rooms.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Of course you would need to make sure the design had a structure that did not directly block the tweeter horn and that the material was acoustically benign etc. 

Think about it, a Shoji screen could be adapted and disguise our need for big speakers in the living room. This was the notion that got me started, but I integrated it into the cabinet itself .... sort of.

Of course in a man cave the Jubilees should be displayed in all their industrial-like grandeur. Alas, not all of us have dedicated listening rooms.

Of course, in the life of a a true audiophile, sometimes it's much simpler and cheaper to get rid of the offending wife or girlfriend who doesn't like big horns. I never had that problem, thankfully.

Of course, in the life of a a true audiophile, sometimes it's much simpler and cheaper to get rid of the offending wife or girlfriend who doesn't like big horns. I never had that problem, thankfully.
Sometimes its cheaper to keep them...my last divorce cost me over $100k.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBPK402 said:

Sometimes its cheaper to keep them...my last divorce cost me over $100k.

Nothing in life is free, sadly.  Even gaining wisdom costs us, thus the sentence, “He was a sadder and a wiser man.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

dont mind my 2 cents here , this looks like a feminine speaker

Well, Randy as I clearly stated in the first post 

"Let me warn you that if you insist that speaker cabinets must look like speaker cabinets or that black grill cloth is mandatory you are not going to like this thread. If so, then move on or the subsequent photos will only irritate you and create bad feelings. There is no need for that.

The strategy is to think of the all the possible cosmetics for the Jubilee as falling along a continuum with traditional speaker cabinetry being at one end and the other end being more akin to disguising or hiding these big beasts behind something like a Japanese room divider or shoji screen. I am toward this end of the continuum. You have already been warned that this approach is not for everyone and you may get irritated with what follows."

and it looks like you got irritated

Good Luck,

-Tom

• Like 2