I just spent about 4 hours cranking a set of RB5's with the new Marantz receiver and even though I have not had the pleasure of owning RB75's (But I do own RF7's) I have to tell any of you folks, that have not owned a pair of the 5's, to scout around and if you come across a decent set, buy them and give them a listen, they are an incredible book shelf speaker. I have, and have had, many Klipsch speakers, RF 7's, 5's, 35's, RB 61's, 81's, RP 5's and 3's, Cornwalls, Cornscallas, KP250's as well as various others and these little RB 5's are a great speaker for a compact set up. I'm down to one pair, but I've had 4 or 5 over the last few years and you owe it to yourself to pick up a pair and give them a listen, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 7

Mine are not so much "forgotten" as excess to requirements...They are a very nice sounding speaker..I remember them being highly praised in critics reviews.... "the jewel in the reference line-up". The real wood veneer is the icing on the cake.... :)

post-18926-0-41580000-1449257765_thumb.j

Edited by oldenough
  • Like 3

I just spent about 4 hours cranking a set of RB5's with the new Marantz receiver and even though I have not had the pleasure of owning RB75's

I like them both and as good as the RB75's are, the RB5's are by no means a slouch. Glad you're enjoying them Pete. :emotion-22:

PICT0024_zpsq7xvqeg8.jpgPICT0025_zps8pspmzsx.jpg

Edited by Tasdom
  • Like 2

I just spent about 4 hours cranking a set of RB5's

YES!

they are an incredible book shelf speaker

YES!

Big fan of the RB-5 also.  They're about $200-250 these days for a pair in good shape.  Excellent sound for the price paid.  Hard to find a better bookshelf for the money.

I just bought an RB-5 pair in Cherry Tuesday.  Not because I need them but I couldn't pass them up.....close to mint with original boxes.  I now have one pair in black, two pair in Mahogany, and this Cherry set.  Ridiculous and awesome.

• Like 1

I have a pair of RB5IIs I bought sometime around 2001. I love the sound and their still going strong today. I getting back into my record albums and loving it. I currently use them as the mains in my home theater set-up (connected to a SONY STR-DH820 A/V Receiver). I'm thinking about getting an Onkyo TX-8020 Stereo Receiver to use strictly for the albums and connecting the RB5IIs to it.. I like those old style bass, treble and balance controls of yesteryear.

• Like 1

I have owned two pairs of RB-5's and of course my current pair of RB-75's.

The RB-5 is a great sounding speaker that performs way above it's size.  Tight controlled bass and very detailed mids and highs.

IMO, the difference in sound of the RB-5's and the RB-75's is that the 75's just sound big.  They possess all the great qualities of the RB-5's and then some but with a bigness and refinement that is beyond description.

Due to the very reasonable prices on the used market, the RB-5's are a performance bargain that has few equals.

Bill

• Like 1

Klipsch did attempt to market them as a studio monitor because their sound quality was excellent.  I have not let go of my original set bought right after they came out.  If you pair them with a sub/pair of subs, they will out shine a lot of larger speakers, including many Klipsch.