Klipsch Jubilee newbie seeking help please ....

joeinid

On 2/4/2017 at 0:34 PM, Speed said:

Glad you love them, any pics ? I am checking prices/options now. Will go active, just hope they blow my LaScala's out of the water. 

On 2/4/2017 at 3:27 PM, Speed said:

Thanks for your honest opinions and recommendations. It's good to hear, before you drop some serious money on Jubilee's. I will keep 1 of my 2 pair of my LaScala's, ( hint-hint ) as I am attached to them.

Ok Mr. Speedo...  I think you've had your Jubilee's for a couple weeks now?

You've had your LaScalas for sometime now??

So....  what say you with regard to them being side by side?

@Speed

^^  did I do that correctly so he'd be notified?

Hmmm...  doesn't work for me like that....simply types it out.  That's what I did above.

Ahhh...  I think I have it...  (was I typing too fast?)

@Thaddeus Smith

Bingo!

Ok, you da man for the day!

Feel free to kick back and listen to your favorite BR of Marie Osmond....

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 1:23 PM, Coytee said:

Ok Mr. Speedo...  I think you've had your Jubilee's for a couple weeks now?

You've had your LaScalas for sometime now??

So....  what say you with regard to them being side by side?

I don't own a Speedo, thank goodness. It's a mixed bag. I like the voicing on the Jubes, and the drums really sound good. The guitars sound like they play in a narrower bandwidth, or frequency. The bass and guitars sound like they have a lack of cohesion. A little off, maybe a little thin. Of course I changed everything, amps, active, with the standard settings. To be continued...

14 hours ago, Speed said:

I don't own a Speedo, thank goodness. It's a mixed bag. I like the voicing on the Jubes, and the drums really sound good. The guitars sound like they play in a narrower bandwidth, or frequency. The bass and guitars sound like they have a lack of cohesion. A little off, maybe a little thin. Of course I changed everything, amps, active, with the standard settings. To be continued...

It amazes that La scalas and Jubs could be compared. My model 19s other then some upper bass notes, were more well rounded then the La scalas  and produced a lot more micro details and had more balance. The difference between Model 19s and the jubs...... I wouldn't considering comparing them.......

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 6:37 AM, juniper said:

It amazes that La scalas and Jubs could be compared

I think it's a matter of the old settings, not working with the new K-691 driver. I am using different settings for the DX-38 now, and the sound is in a different league. My mediocre reviews had to do with set up and tuning, not the actual speakers...

41 minutes ago, Speed said:

I think it's a matter of the old settings not working with the new K-691 driver. I am using different settings for the DX-38 now and the sound is in a different league. My mediocre reviews had to do with set up and tuning, not the actual speakers...

I would concur with Speed's comment having been through the process of balancing K-691 drivers with a Dx38 and Xilica XP series crossovers.  The old K-69-A settings (or passive crossovers) aren't what I'd recommend at all.

I'm also finding that bass bin settings in the 60-100 Hz region vary considerably from room to room as a result of helping several guys out dialing in their Jubs remotely.  Even in rooms with full corners the response peak varies over about an octave--from 60-120 Hz. 

Chris

22 minutes ago, jwc said:

For those using active with Jubes, could you post a one-liner on which one you are using and which driver.

thanks

jc

Crossover is a modified Behringer DCX2496 

Horn is K-402 with a JBL 2446 driver

Life is good ...

8 hours ago, jwc said:

How cool.  1st I heard of this.  You get good top end?

The top end is fine. Of course there is a shelving filter, but you would need that anyway since it is a CD horn and it will need the boost. 

If I get fancy someday,  I might add the Truextent beryllium diaphragm. This combination (JBL driver and Truextent) could be an affordable alternative to the TAD driver

By the way...I've got a selection of Xilica and Electrovoice Dx38/DC-One crossover/equalization settings for K-691 and Faital Pro HF20AT compression drivers with Jubilee bass bins.  If you're interested in any of those, shoot me a PM.  The Xilica settings are in .xdat format ready to be read into a Xilica crossover (either the XP or XD series).

Chris

I used a Rane AC-23 for awhile w/Jbl 2445 on a p-audio cd horn knock-off and a JBL 2404 tweeter. For a 2-way set-up, I used an Ashley XR-1001 w/ same mid horn and driver. Then EQed with an ART 355 on both set-ups. I would agree with the Truextent diaphrams in the JBLs for some extra extension.

Now I use a passive network(700/7500). Allowed room correction on my Emotiva as a starting place. Then used EQ. It's not that one sounds better than the other, their just different.

Big D