Klipsch Jubilee newbie seeking help please ....

joeinid

• Moderators

Yes the horn is the K402.

Sorry I have no idea of the prices

Something else to add...  the size of the K402 horn.  Notice it's about the same size as a LaScala on it's side (in absolute terms, it's actually bigger)

:o

Well thanks for posting that. It really puts things in perspective. I knew they were big, but HOLY COW. 

There more midsize  :) but if you remove the Lascala from Coytee's  picture, you get this, it's not quite as midsize. (ignore the little forte ll on the right)

post-9700-0-44540000-1449332490.jpg

post-9700-0-90020000-1449332508_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel

Ya know....if you want a road trip....  I have a pair of MWM double bass bins without drivers you could have for free.  They would need drivers, maybe some cosmetic work (that would be up to you) and a K402 on top and you'd have something that would trounce the Jubilee.  (there is always a bigger bully around the corner, eh??!)

These were given to me for zero cost so I would forward that if you wanted.  Might be less net cost (the road trip) than a pair of Jubilee's AND the MWM's don't need no stinking corner!!

If you wanted them with drivers, I have them but I have about $100/each into them (and there are four of them, K33's)  If you wanted the currently supplied driver by Klpsch, K43, those are (new) about $250/each and, there are four of them.

post-12967-0-43620000-1449320981_thumb.j

• Like 2

Without holding anyone to it, approximately how much can I expect to pay for a pair of the 2 way Jubilees setup properly?

So the horn is the K402? Any idea what the bass bin is and its size/weight?

When I got mine (around 2007 I think) they were "about $7,000"

I don't have any clue today so if I were to guess, I'd say $8,000 to $8,500 but, that is simply a guess and adding eight to nine years of time onto them.

Road trip to Knoxville to get some MWM's and some K33's could likely be done for less than that.  If it would make you feel better, I'd be willing to charge $1,000 for the bass bins so you felt you got a steal!!

:ph34r:  :blink:  :ph34r:

When I put the K402 on top of my Lascala, I was awed and amazed and thought it just could not get any better. When I replaced the Lascala with the Jubilee bass bin I realized my search for better speakers was over. It was that phenomenal.

So, pursue at your own rate. For me, the bass bins completed the sound stage with force and power.

• Like 4

OMG! Those look huge. I think this oficially puts me in over my head. :wub:

Thank you so much for the offer and will consider it. Anyone else, please feel free to jump in ahead of me and scoop these up. That is very kind of you.

I can not tell you how much I appreciate everyone's help and input. I have some measuring to do and need to make a few phone calls before I pull the trigger on anything.

My intended room is probably too small but the finished basement/playroom might be perfect :P Just the thought is exciting.

I have some thinking to do.

Without holding anyone to it, approximately how much can I expect to pay for a pair of the 2 way Jubilees setup properly?

I don't have any clue today so if I were to guess, I'd say $8,000 to $8,500 but, that is simply a guess and adding eight to nine years of time onto them.

Road trip to Knoxville to get some MWM's and some K33's could likely be done for less than that.  If it would make you feel better, I'd be willing to charge $1,000 for the bass bins so you felt you got a steal!!

Ya know....if you want a road trip....  I have a pair of MWM double bass bins without drivers you could have for free.  They would need drivers, maybe some cosmetic work (that would be up to you) and a K402 on top and you'd have something that would trounce the Jubilee.  (there is always a bigger bully around the corner, eh??!)

These were given to me for zero cost so I would forward that if you wanted.  Might be less net cost (the road trip) than a pair of Jubilee's AND the MWM's don't need no stinking corner!!

If you wanted them with drivers, I have them but I have about $100/each into them (and there are four of them, K33's)  If you wanted the currently supplied driver by Klpsch, K43, those are (new) about $250/each and, there are four of them.

OMG! Those look huge. I think this oficially puts me in over my head. :wub:

Thank you so much for the offer and will consider it. Anyone else, please feel free to jump in ahead of me and scoop these up. That is very kind of you.

I can not tell you how much I appreciate everyone's help and input. I have some measuring to do and need to make a few phone calls before I pull the trigger on anything.

My intended room is probably too small but the finished basement/playroom might be perfect :P Just the thought is exciting.

I have some thinking to do.

joeinid,

Hello, and as previously stated, Welcome to the forum! We hope you stay a while and post your thoughts with us.

If you are truly a Klipsch head, as I believe you may be, ask DTEL to hook you up talking to Christy or you can also ask me, but we have a yearly gathering coming up in Hope, Arkansas in April which is where your Jubilees will be made as well as La Scalas. We are expecting about 50 forum members to show up this year. We take up a collection and feed a BBQ dinner to the Plant workers, then we eat after they are fed. Then we get treated to a tour of the factory where are speakers are built and get to tour the Lag with Roy Delgado if he is in town. Roy was a personal friend of Paul Wilbur Klipsch and worked together with Paul to design the Jubilee. Later we get to listen to a pair of Klipschorns, a pair of the Paladium PF-39s, and a pair of RF-7II speakers in an A/B/C comparison, and then we get to tour the Klipsch Museum with Jim Hunter. The rest of the time we spend at Rodney Newtons about 30 miles away. Rodney has 610 acres (640 acres is a square mile) Rodney has 13 ponds with the largest being 79 acres and stocked with Bass. You are welcome to catch and release. Rodney has a large club house about 120 by 60 ft I think? It has an 80 ft bar, Klipsch Pro Speakers and an amp, and there are also two bathrooms and two separate showers available on sight. Some of us bring our own speakers and amplifiers for others to listen to as well as a buddy of mine who brings a big Klipsch Pro KP-600 rig with 12 boxes.  Last year a neighbor called Rodney at 4:30 AM in the morning and said he could hear Michael Jacksons Thriller as plain as day in his home in his bed. My buddy Kevin Harmon did a Google map quest and it was about 1.5 miles as the crow flies through some trees and over a hill and that was with two stacks or 6 boxes of the KP-600s. Kevin has 12 boxes to bring this year. We also had some turn tables, several tube amplifiers as well as I brought a Nakamichi PA-7II solid state amp and there was a high end pair of VRD tube amp mono blocks there. Camping is available on the property, but a lot of us will also be staying in Hope at a Motel 30 miles away. Rooms are about $50 a night and there will be some speakers and gear at the hotel as well. Food at Rodneys is outstanding, and a lot of guys bring their own liquor and drink because it is a dry county. I really hope you might consider joining us in April...

Now DTEL, Coytee, post some pictures of Kevins Man Cave on here for this guy??

joeinid, if you have the room in your basement, I would really take up Richard = Coytee on those MWM double bins and we can give you everything on fixing them up and getting them running. Those Oak MWM Double bins with the 402 horns on top beat out the Jubilee Bass bin with the 402 horn on top and I have actually listened to that pair as they are Eldons = DTEL and are in his living room and I prefer them over the Jubilee that I have spent months listening to at Kevins Man Cave. (where are those picture you two?) but with the MWM double bins, you need 36 inch wide doors to get them in the house and into your basement :)

joeinid, you absolutely owe it to your self to go active cross overs with either of these two speaker combinations. It isn't as expensive or hard as you night think and all of us will explain why that is the way to go and how to do it. It REALLY isn't as hard to understand as you might be thinking, and we want to help! :)

Roger

• Like 1

OMG! Richard,

They are HUGE!  I am scared now.

Seriously, you guys are awesome!

Joe

You know what they say Roger.....  pics or it didn't happen....  :P

We're beginning to think you're pulling our collective legs however, I'll bail ya out!

• Like 1

We're beginning to think you're pulling our collective legs however, I'll bail ya out!

You the Man Richard!

joeinid,

I was actually fortunate enough to meet Richard in person at a Gathering for Klipsch speakers and we had a good time.

The three picture above are just some of the Big Klipsch Speakers that my buddy Kevin Harmon owns. He is the number one Klipsch Fan, lives in Louisiana, one of my best friends in real life, and I met him years back through this forum! :)

The picture above on the left are a pair of Klipsch MCM 1900 4 way stacks, the bottom bass bin is the MWM that Richard is offering to hook you up with. The middle picture is of 12 boxes of KP-600 Klipsch speakers that Kevin owns, and the picture on the right is Kevins man cave with his pair of Jubilees and a pair of Klipsch KPT-684 dual 18 inch subs. I have a pair of those as well and I traded Kevin one of those subs in that room. :)

After many years on the Forum and years spent talking to Eldons wife Christy on the phone (she is kind of my therapist LOL) Eldon and his wife picked me up at the Airport a few months back and I got to spend a week with both of them and their daughters and had a ball. :)

So joeinid, Does the gathering in April interest you?

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

• Moderators
Seriously, you guys are awesome!

Should be you guys are awesome  CRAZY , there that's closer. :)  :P

I went to look and didn't have those pictures...............so i saved them  :) Only had this one

post-9700-0-07860000-1449338423.jpg

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Hi Roger,

Actually, the get together looks like a lot of fun. I do confess to not doing a lot of travelling these days. Having some minor health issues of my own and helping to take care of my mom all conspire against me. I'd like to take a few days to have some fun. I can not commit right now.

You the Man Richard!

joeinid,

I was actually fortunate enough to meet Richard in person at a Gathering for Klipsch speakers and we had a good time.

The three picture above are just some of the Big Klipsch Speakers that my buddy Kevin Harmon owns. He is the number one Klipsch Fan, lives in Louisiana, one of my best friends in real life, and I met him years back through this forum! :)

The picture above on the left are a pair of Klipsch MCM 1900 4 way stacks, the bottom bass bin is the MWM that Richard is offering to hook you up with. The middle picture is of 12 boxes of KP-600 Klipsch speakers that Kevin owns, and the picture on the right is Kevins man cave with his pair of Jubilees and a pair of Klipsch KPT-684 dual 18 inch subs. I have a pair of those as well and I traded Kevin one of those subs in that room. :)

After many years on the Forum and years spent talking to Eldons wife Christy on the phone (she is kind of my therapist LOL) Eldon and his wife picked me up at the Airport a few months back and I got to spend a week with both of them and their daughters and had a ball. :)

So joeinid, Does the gathering in April interest you?

Roger

Edited by joeinid
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The middle picture is of 12 boxes of KP-600 Klipsch speakers that Kevin owns,

And he brings them to pilgrimages, I know you can't see them well in this pic but you can see how the Pilgrimage practice run was set up. 

post-9700-0-16100000-1449338820_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Richard, if you still have those bins after the Hope gathering, I might take you up on them and shoot over to Knoxville on the return trip back to Ohio.  I have plans, but they are about 4' deep and 5.5' wide correct?  That would fill up the back of the truck for sure. 

:blush2:

Yes, I agree.

I need to see how I can make it happen.

Music is very important to me and a major way to unwind and de-stress.

Joe

and helping to take care of my mom

I know how that is, I did it for years, good for you, in the long run you will be happy you did.    :emotion-21:  

Edited by joeinid
  • Like 1

Richard, if you still have those bins after the Hope gathering, I might take you up on them and shoot over to Knoxville on the return trip back to Ohio.  I have plans, but they are about 4' deep and 5.5' wide correct?  That would fill up the back of the truck for sure. 

Having never measured them I think they are closer to seven feet wide at the mouth.  I'm guessing four feet deep is pretty close too (however, that might be taken to a corner and they are truncated a bit.

My father in law had a little truck.  A Nissan Pathfinder if I recall.  I was able to easily carry the two singles I have in there.  Don't know that I could have done two doubles.  They are something like 36" tall so I guess as long as you have 72-80 inches of bed depth, they could fit with the small end down and mouth up (like in the trailer picture)

I can almost guarantee that they'll be here.  Takes a special application for residential use.  I was going to create a 5.? outdoor system so we could have a surround sound movie in the field in front of my house but I've learned that storing these monsters creates its own issues.

• Like 1

Now that's a deal!