r/c cars?

Paducah Home Theater

I bought 2 of the stampedes for my son when he was 5, he was a little young, the one you want  isn't the brushless one, to start, the smaller stampede turns better and is more easily controlled and is more fun. With the brushless one, it can get hairy quickly, unless you are in a big space....

They actually have an upgrade program where you can trade in your old motor and get a brushless one. It's basically $160 up front to get brushless but if you trade in one it's $140. Not a real good incentive to go brushless right off the bat. Only thing I'd be interested in is longer battery life, apparently they are more efficient. Otherwise, fast is actually bad right now with a 7 year old first starting out, no reason for it.

That's cool!!! I would love to put a brushless in the smaller one. The bigger one he has with the brushless goes fast but the little one with that motor, would be crazy . We were visiting his grandparents, who live in a new development in SC, I figured they way people drive down there anything goes. I saw more retarded, senseless accidents in a very short stay. So when the big lifted trucks would drive by their house, I would blow right underneath them. It was so funny, they would give chase sometimes trying to take it out, at the last second I would turn off into a driveway and bring it back. One jack came back for a second chance. Wish I had the special gear installed, I would have chanced it.

I bought 2 of the stampedes for my son when he was 5, he was a little young, the one you want  isn't the brushless one, to start, the smaller stampede turns better and is more easily controlled and is more fun. With the brushless one, it can get hairy quickly, unless you are in a big space....

They actually have an upgrade program where you can trade in your old motor and get a brushless one. It's basically $160 up front to get brushless but if you trade in one it's $140. Not a real good incentive to go brushless right off the bat. Only thing I'd be interested in is longer battery life, apparently they are more efficient. Otherwise, fast is actually bad right now with a 7 year old first starting out, no reason for it.

Doh, said that backwards. It's $140 up front. If you trade one in later you're basically out an extra $20.