Stacking heresy's

toomanyspeakers

Are you talking about running both A and B speakers together?

I have done this briefly with Quartets on bottom and inverted Heresys on top and it sounded great in my 13 x 13 x 10 room.  My listening position was at about one point of a 7 x 7 x 7 equilateral triangle.

It was kind of like a wall of sound.

Bill

One can always do it but, there are problems with multiple drivers and alignment.  Comb filtering is one problem that leads to some constructive and also destructive sound.  It is much better to just turn things up a bit if you want louder.  If you want fidelity, then setup and room Tx may be the way to go.

I have 8 heresy speakers that Im converting into tri-amped 250's for p.a system. I am stacking them in a vertical array. but not inverted where the tweeters meet. Its my opinion, for whatever it worth...lol,  the vertical array sounds better. havent tried stacking with one inverted. but i guess its worth a try...

Ive done my fair share of speaker configurations... stacking and spreading horizontally.

Its not better or worse, it's just different. Ultimately, I prefer the imaging one gets from single speaker placement over the wall of sound configuration... but it's all personal preference.

• Like 1

I don't have 2 sets of Heresys but I do have Heresy IIs stacked on my La Scalas. Did it on a whim last summer when I tore my listening room apart to paint etc. The Heresys were rear surrounds, when I put the room back together I put them on top of the La Scalas just to see what they sounded like. They are still there, just like the sound. Wired in parallel using 4 ohm taps on my amp.

I have Claude's "Super Heresy's" stacked on top of my La Scala's, and the combination is terrific.  Even though I've owned them for a while now, I will always call them "Claude's Super Heresy's".......

I also have a pair of Heresy Signature Editions stacked on top of a pair of Cornwalls.

Edited by jimjimbo