Dolby Atmos Setup

majas

Hello Guys, 

Iam here so I expect a good welcome from everyone. 

Well, Iam planning to build a Atmos setup. I have a relative small room, about 4mx3m and I want a very inmersive experience. 

Al already did buy the fronts: RP-250F 

And Iam planning to buy this prior your suggestions: 

RP-440C (center channel)

RP-240S (surround)

CDT-5650-C II (in-celling center atmos)

R-112W (subwoofer)

Receiver: Onkyo RZ800 or Yamaha A1050 or Denon X4100W (I do prefer the Onkyos)

Any advise, suggestions and comments? 

Thanks!

It's hard to tell from your description, but it looks like you are only planning to have 1 in-ceiling Atmos speaker??? Or am I reading that wrong?

Atmos setups would have 2 or 4 in-ceiling, down-firing speakers or the same number of up-firing, elevation speakers.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/reference-premiere-dolby-atmos-series

Since you mentioned wanting a "very immersive" experience, you may want to consider dual subwoofers to even out the frequency response in room.

And strictly from a "bang for your buck" perspective, you may want to look into some other subwoofer brands... Such as SVS, PSA and Rythmik to name a few.

It's hard to tell from your description, but it looks like you are only planning to have 1 in-ceiling Atmos speaker??? Or am I reading that wrong?

Atmos setups would have 2 or 4 in-ceiling, down-firing speakers or the same number of up-firing, elevation speakers.

Since you mentioned wanting a "very immersive" experience, you may want to consider dual subwoofers to even out the frequency response in room.

And strictly from a "bang for your buck" perspective, you may want to look into some other subwoofer brands... Such as SVS, PSA and Rythmik to name a few.

Hi!

I will use 1 pair of this Klipsch CDT-5650-C II in-ceiling speakers. That been said, a 5.1.2 Atmos Setup. My room is 13x10 foot area so its small, you really think I need to go with 2 subs?

Any suggestions about the receiver? 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello Guys,    Iam here so I expect a good welcome from everyone. 

Welcome to the forum.

Well, Iam planning to build a Atmos setup. I have a relative small room, about 4mx3m and I want a very inmersive experience. 

I am not into the Atmos thing "yet" so I will let the more informed reply to that.

Good luck and enjoy,

Bill 

Hello Guys,    Iam here so I expect a good welcome from everyone. 

Welcome to the forum.

I am not into the Atmos thing "yet" so I will let the more informed reply to that.

Good luck and enjoy,

Bill 

Hi! 

Thanks for the welcome. 

Which receiver brand works best for Klipsch sound? I saw you have NAD, Yamaha, Onkyo, etc

:)

Hi!

I will use 1 pair of this Klipsch CDT-5650-C II in-ceiling speakers. That been said, a 5.1.2 Atmos Setup. My room is 13x10 foot area so its small, you really think I need to go with 2 subs?

Thanks!

Multiple subs will even out the sound throughout the room...personally I would go with multiple subs if you can fit them in the room.

Hi!

I will use 1 pair of this Klipsch CDT-5650-C II in-ceiling speakers. That been said, a 5.1.2 Atmos Setup. My room is 13x10 foot area so its small, you really think I need to go with 2 subs?

Thanks!

When I originally read your post and saw the 4mx3m dimensions, I was thinking of 16'x12' for some reason???

Even though your room is slightly smaller, and having 2 subs is more of a luxury, it will really help smooth things out all over the room. And it will help with that "immersive experience" you're wanting.

http://www.svsound.com/collections/dual-subwoofers

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/

I really can't say about the receiver... I have an older Denon running one system and use a Pioneer as a front end on my LaScala home theater setup.

But I haven't listened to any of the newer AV receivers with any of the new Klipsch speakers. From an electronic point of view (Power output, HDMI connections, surround/Atmos options, etc) once you get into the $800 and up range, the major brands (Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo, Yamaha, etc) will all be capable. And will likely come down to personal preference.

Hi and welcome!  I started out just a few months ago in build my first Klipsch system (replacing a mix mash of gear I'd collected over 20 years before)   My room is a bit bigger and so did the quad ATMOS ceilings but all in all (and yes; adding the 2nd sub did a lot of smoothing even though the total volume is the same as when I just had the one.  Nice add, when you wants to end of your list IMO.  I do absolutely LOVE my Onkyo and certainly is easy to use and more power than I expected.  Hope this helps and good luck in your set up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi and welcome!  I started out just a few months ago in build my first Klipsch system (replacing a mix mash of gear I'd collected over 20 years before)   My room is a bit bigger and so did the quad ATMOS ceilings but all in all (and yes; adding the 2nd sub did a lot of smoothing even though the total volume is the same as when I just had the one.  Nice add, when you wants to end of your list IMO.  I do absolutely LOVE my Onkyo and certainly is easy to use and more power than I expected.  Hope this helps and good luck in your set up.

Nice information there. 

Iam planning to use the same CDT-5800 drivers for my atmos ceiling configuration. 

Question: Can I use flat gallery Klipsch speaker on the ceiling and I will have the same results as the 5800s? I have some gallery units with me, but Iam worry about dispersion thing...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Nice information there. 

Iam planning to use the same CDT-5800 drivers for my atmos ceiling configuration. 

Question: Can I use flat gallery Klipsch speaker on the ceiling and I will have the same results as the 5800s? I have some gallery units with me, but Iam worry about dispersion thing...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

From what I have read you can use a small bookshelf like the gallery to bounce off the ceiling for atmos but you would want a point source for overhead mounting.

http://www.avsforum.com/ask-the-editors-are-dolby-atmos-enabled-speakers-special/

I will have my Denon X4100W here end of the week plus 4 in ceiling speakers are here tomorrow, hope to get everthing installed over the weekend.  I went with the Denon over the Onkyo or Pioneer I was looking at due to the better room calibration software which does multiple subs as well. Plus you can get it for a really good price now since it's last years model, and has the option to get the Auro 3D upgrade if you wanted to go with that instead of Atmos or both. 

From all I have read neither of these are main stream and only 60 title in Atmos so far, but there upmixers are supposed to be worth the price of admission. :)

http://www.auro-3d.com/