WTB Scott 222 or 299 amp restored by NOSValves

Kevmosmith

I am looking to buy a Scott 299 or 222 that has been restored by Craig at NOSValves.  I will look at anything in the 299 or 222 line. A headphone jack would be nice, but not required.  Must work perfectly.  Cosmetics are a bonus, are not that important.

I know it is a long shot, but maybe someone here has one that is in a second system/not being used.

I will also consider an el84 based integrated with at least a few inputs.

I am in Houston, Texas.  If you have one, please send me a PM, with some of the details (model number, tubes, cosmetics, asking price etc) and a picture or two if you don't mind.

Thanks!

Kevin

Hi there, isn't life funny sometimes? I don't often check the Garage Sale section but tonight I thought I would and I happened upon your ad. I have a Scott 299b that had the full restoration done by Craig in... 2010 I believe. I've recently come under hard times and think I, sadly, may have to sell it off. I live in Canada and was thinking I would transit it through Craig so that he could just go over it and verify that everything is top notch (tubes+insides) before selling it in the US. I used the amp extensively with both Lascalas and Fortés and absolutely love it. I would rate the faceplate at 7/10, not perfect but the thing is almost 60 years old after all! I haven't looked at going prices yet so I'll let you make me an offer if you are interested.

Daniel