Klipsch continues to amaze

jason str

Not only the customer service but also the quality of the goods. Most of these conglomerated companies end up going after profit first and quality second. I can see that already happening inside the Klipsch lines. Too bad.

I saw no evidence of that whatsoever for the products being manufactured in Hope during our factory tour this past April.

When I heard the latest Promedia 2.1 it looks like the speakers and sub are both cheaped out on compared to mine that is about seven years old.

You  based your comments on the Promedia speakers??

Sometimes you just have bad luck, anyway that's was Peydon says in Silverado.

JJK

Favorite modern western movie! Regarding customer service, it's been a few years since dealing with Klipsch, but when I did, it was wonderful, but I'm sure some of what you're experiencing is the result of the sale and pushing the bottom line, which totally sucks. Prime example, GE appliance was always had phenomenal customer service, sold out to Frigidaire, who's always had shi^^y service and now GE appliance has the same shi^^y service that the other company has.

Not only the customer service but also the quality of the goods. Most of these conglomerated companies end up going after profit first and quality second. I can see that already happening inside the Klipsch lines. Too bad.

I saw no evidence of that whatsoever for the products being manufactured in Hope during our factory tour this past April.

When I heard the latest Promedia 2.1 it looks like the speakers and sub are both cheaped out on compared to mine that is about seven years old.

Yeah TS, that was a case in point that opened my eyes to the fact that they were cutting corners. When you look back on the eighties and nineties Klipsch produced a ton of quality, these days I feel there is a lot of hit and miss. If you look at the Reference line now and compare it to the entry lines at Best Buy the specs do not tell the story. They look nearly identical, yet the sound is totally different. The entry line cuts corners with a cheaper finish, cheaper crossover and even cheaper drivers. Twenty years ago the cheaper line was when they introduced Tangent, which still put out quality drivers but in slightly cheaper built cabinets. That is the difference I was pointing to.

Every Klipsch Product they produce  is a direct reflection on the company as a whole in the marketplace...........Because we know klipsch heritage is built to better standards does not equal a better customer service experience nor does it equal great quality across the product range

Offering different levels of product is fine alot of companies do that but you should still invest in QC to the same level across the board. letting out sub par anything is bad press,  There are countless poor reviews of many klipsch headphones, iem's, pro-media, and quintet products. those people getting a bad taste in there mouth will have no reason to look further into the klipsch line and will no doubt bad mouth klipsch to friends and family. Which equals loss of potential customers

• Like 2

OK, so getting past all the bitching and moaning, no one has yet to offer a suggested path toward improvement.  How can some of these issues be escalated and brought to the attention of managers, etc?  Simply posting here is most likely not very effective.  Who has contacts within Klipsch that could be asked what the most appropriate course of action could be?  This thread started out referencing difficulties with customer service, not product quality.  I think it should stay that way.

You guys are looking at this all wrong. Next year when we are serving the BBQ lunch we ask each person what department they work in. If the answer is Customer Service we tell them to stand in the corner and we will serve them later....much...later

• Like 2

• Moderators

OK, so getting past all the bitching and moaning, no one has yet to offer a suggested path toward improvement.  How can some of these issues be escalated and brought to the attention of managers, etc?  Simply posting here is most likely not very effective.  Who has contacts within Klipsch that could be asked what the most appropriate course of action could be?  This thread started out referencing difficulties with customer service, not product quality.  I think it should stay that way.

You have the attention of the Moderating Team.  We are on this.....may take a couple of days, but we are working towards a resolution.

It all boils down to the huge companies taking market share from smaller ones. Demanding lower prices from suppliers and cutting costs wherever possible. In order to survive companies hire as cheaply as possible and try to wring out as much productivity as possible from each employee. Not good for customer service. I love Klipsch as a company and will always be loyal to them even if i have to hold longer or pay higher prices to do business with them.

All I know is that they're stupid busy. Parts is actually easy to get in touch with comparatively. Here recently you can call all day to the shipping department and it just rings. Usually it gets picked up by like the second ring.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

OK, so getting past all the bitching and moaning, no one has yet to offer a suggested path toward improvement. How can some of these issues be escalated and brought to the attention of managers, etc? Simply posting here is most likely not very effective. Who has contacts within Klipsch that could be asked what the most appropriate course of action could be? This thread started out referencing difficulties with customer service, not product quality. I think it should stay that way.

You have the attention of the Moderating Team. We are on this.....may take a couple of days, but we are working towards a resolution.

Maybe next, y'all can find out why all the specification pages, for the old/discontinued speakers, have been removed from the Klipsch website?

Apparently someone had the bright idea of deleting all this information with no real plan of putting it back... It's been gone for nearly 3 weeks now.

• Like 4

Use to be we here would brag about the service,,,,now not so much. Better get it fixed guys or I see you all going down. I have converted a lot of buyers to Klipsch just by myself we should be considered as part of the team. Customer service creates more sales than you would think. When I get treated like they think i'm important I will shop there no mater what.

I should have guessed this was coming this is what happens when companies sell out......next thing to go will be this forum then the company will be gone for sure. Paul would be ashamed of the current managers i'm sure.    Rick

• Like 1

• Moderators

OK, so getting past all the bitching and moaning, no one has yet to offer a suggested path toward improvement. How can some of these issues be escalated and brought to the attention of managers, etc? Simply posting here is most likely not very effective. Who has contacts within Klipsch that could be asked what the most appropriate course of action could be? This thread started out referencing difficulties with customer service, not product quality. I think it should stay that way.

Great post. Chad and Alex have posted about that on numerous occasions, as did Amy before them.

Alex has said if you run into a dead end he would be happy to help someone get in the right direction.

Badges isn't the best example to go with. They are frequently not available, long gone, etc., but I would certainly want to start with Klipsch to see if they had them before an alternate source. Maybe Klipsch likes their customer service employees to take time off this time of year because it is historically slow, who knows.

20 mins on hold is unacceptable, the only people who will wait that long are people dealing with cable, water, utilities service or calling in to a court to pay a ticket, something you have to do.

Do they offer an alternative to waiting on hold, an email address? An option to have a return call? Some people are just wired where they cannot get off the phone. They think they wait just one more minute they will answer, kind of like one more dollar in the slot machine.

Do they give an estimated wait time? Do they update you where you are in the queue?

I think it is important that they be made aware if there is a problem (I don't mean design issues) such as customer service. From what I have seen in the past they have responded to any problems very quickly.

• Like 1

Being on hold was not the worst part, not getting what i ordered is what makes me angry.

If this was for a customer i would be double pissed off.

After my call was answered the parts man ( Steve ) seemed to be helpful by looking up the part number,  checking stock & getting all of my information and so on.

Now i wonder where all my information wound up if it was not used for my order.

For all i know some pimple faced kid is trying to order up a new playstation for himself & x-mas gifts for the family.

Anyone have carpet spikes for a RF-7 II?  I ordered them before thanksgiving and they haven't arrived.   :(

If you really need some that bad I probably have some laying around you can have for free.  I never did install mine.  Not sure where they are though.  By the time you bought some of these then pay $15 shipping you could probably have some of the premium audiophile ones that's supposed to be better for some reason or another and are easily available.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters