Another Lock, And Another One Too

Jim Naseum

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPTD5AQ/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=56259990998&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15534620148366955910&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_4voooj8arh_b

Now that looks pretty innovative to me. I think I'll always had my phone....? Lol. Riiiighht.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Edited by MrCatsup

Absolutely!  I heard these were coming.  This is the first I have seen one.  The App built-in is supposed to allow you to remotely grant any other person access at any time or times (schedule) you want by them using their cell phones.  Logs are kept of who all enters and leaves, when.

You are able to grant/deny access at will.  No locksmiths.  No changing locks.

Sounds cool to me.

• Like 1

The problem is Bluetooth, they suck the charge out of cell batteries no like other app.  I don't know of anybody who has Bluetooth enabled all the time.

I'd have to think about how I would use that lock before I would go for one.  The key fob looks like it would be much more handy.

I can only assume it is a dead bolt at that price.  It didn't say in the first two screens I searched.  Hope it comes with a "dust box," because the best dead bolts are little protection without one.

As one reviewer, who had one stop working, said, the cardinal rule with electronics is they eventually fail

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 1

I can only assume it is a dead bolt at that price.  It didn't say in the first two screens I searched.  Hope it comes with a "dust box," because the best dead bolts are little protection without one.

As one reviewer, who had one stop working, said, the cardinal rule with electronics is they eventually fail

It appears it also uses a traditional key.  That would be your back-up.

The problem is Bluetooth, they suck the charge out of cell batteries no like other app.  I don't know of anybody who has Bluetooth enabled all the time.

I just checked mine.  Now, you do. 

I meant I didn't know of anyone who kept Bluetooth on their phone activated on purpose.

Sheesh.  :rolleyes:   :lol:

Anybody else ever notice that Kwikset and Schlage locks work the opposite way?  Once you get used to one, you'll be locking yourself out of the house with the other.  Maybe in the future everything will be standardized like this.  

Absolutely!  I heard these were coming.  This is the first I have seen one.  The App built-in is supposed to allow you to remotely grant any other person access at any time or times (schedule) you want by them using their cell phones.  Logs are kept of who all enters and leaves, when.

You are able to grant/deny access at will.  No locksmiths.  No changing locks.

Sounds cool to me.

VERY similar technology to what is already used in the real estate market with showings & property access.

The major difference is that it is now incorporated within the lock itself versus a bluetooth security box containing a key.

That's my concern as well. Electro-gadgets become junk when one of several things happens:

-Loss of User Guide

-Batteries wear out and are unavailable or cost more than the original product

-Software updates render it unusable

I have a box full of said articles in my garage. A mechanical lock might have a life of 20 years. Do you think this will last 20 years?

Edited by MrCatsup
  • Like 1

A cool gadget non the less.

So, how many of you actually use a keyed lock to enter your home?

My guess is many just use the garage door opener - only.

You SHOULD be locking the door between the house & garage, and then this unit would offer some convenience over using a key.

My $.02

A cool gadget non the less.

So, how many of you actually use a keyed lock to enter your home?

My guess is many just use the garage door opener - only.

You SHOULD be locking the door between the house & garage, and then this unit would offer some convenience over using a key.

My $.02

i do. my garage is detached from the house, and not used for parking cars.

A detached garage, that occasionally acts as a huge ported subwoofer when windows & doors are open blasting sweet music, could also benefit from the access convenience this item offers. 

There's an idea - I'm not sure I could afford to explore.

I just checked mine.  Now, you do. 

I meant I didn't know of anyone who kept Bluetooth on their phone activated on purpose.

Sheesh.  :rolleyes:   :lol:

Of course, it's on purpose!  When I get into my car, my car stereo automatically connects to my phone so I can answer and make calls hand-free.  If I had to go to "Settings, Bluetooth, On" and "Settings, Bluetooth, Off" every time I got in and out of my car, it would be a PITA.

• Like 2