FS: Dell D630 Laptops W7 Pro x86 120gb HD 3gb Memory

avguytx

Kip,

Laptop just came in a few hours ago. I just finished figuring out how to unpack it. Excellent packing job on this. Better than new.

It automatically had a pop up window for Windows 10 to be installed. As this is going to my youngest son, I'm doing the upgrade. Excellent packing and excellent product.

Thanks Again and Have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Jim

Mine had the Windows 10 upgrade pop up as well but I was not sure if the speed would be diminished if I installed it as I have heard they take up a lot of space. For now the Windows 7 pro Kip had installed works just fine.....also kudos for an awesome packing job. Thankful to him for this as the driver left my box in my driveway in the pouring rain. Not too bright these drivers....

I apologize that it's taken me a bit to come back and update about the laptops...it's been crazy lately.  Well, it "is"  the Holidays, isn't it.  School is out for 2 weeks so it's nice to have the time off from there and work on things around the house.  But, changing front and rear valve covers on my daughters 2004 Nissan Maxima was not what I had planned on happening over the weekend.  The leak had gotten worse and the smoke was coming out a little more so I researched it, bought all of the gaskets, new spark plugs, etc., and got it done.  At 49, I'm not as fast as I used to be especially after carpul tunnel surgery on my right wrist back in March and my left one needing it worse.  But what the hell...you gotta get things done....pain or no pain, sometimes.  I spent 30 years in car audio so I know that's attributed to a lot of my arm issues.  Tinnitus is from concerts, playing in bands, and loud music of course.  :D

I'm glad everyone's getting their laptops and you're pleased with them.  They aren't the latest and greatest but they do get the job done for general things.  Maybe not for streaming HD video, etc., but they make things that are.  When I created the image, I let the Windows 10 thing install but if you want to remove it from coming up and reminding you, go into Windows update....View Update History....See Installed Updates....then sort by name....look for "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3035583)" and right click it and choose uninstall then reboot.  You'll have to check for updates again and, when it pops back up in the recommended updates, right click and hide it.

If you have any questions about anything on them, please let me know.

Thank you all for the knowledge that you contribute to this Forum, which  has turned out to be my favorite hang out over the last few years.  One of these days, I'll get my Klipsch Belle clones done in whatever iteration I decided to go with.....with the help and input of the great members here.  Consider these laptops a way of repaying t he Karma forward.

I'm hoping to have a few more done soon, too.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

• Like 1

Glad to hear they've all made it in safe and sound.  I tend to be picky on packing; I want things to arrive like I'd want to get them.  Contribute that to my years in home/car audio where we had to return things for RMA's or when we shipped things to customers.  

I'll have 3 more of these to go soon but need to get 3 power supplies to go with them.  

Merry Christmas to all

Looks like I was a bit late to commit considering the initial frenzy, but a BIG thanks to Kip for making these available to the forum.

My package arrived today, and I can tell that the 2 contained within are just fine.

Only 2 days in transit and we received in time for Christmas.

These will be for the kids, so again, I thank you.

Best wishes & Merry Christmas.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have two more of the Dell D630's for sale....still $90 shipped CONUS.  Also have a Bytespeed laptop but need to get more specs on it and post if anyone is interested.  

The Bytespeed is a 15.6", Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz with 2GB of RAM but I'm going to bump it to 3 or 4GB.  With 4GB installed, it will see about 3.5GB of it but that's still better.  Runs quite good overall.  Does have a DVD drive, too.  Has VGA & S-video out plus a 1394 port.  It will be set up the same as the others.  I'm asking $100 for this one.

Edited by avguytx